Disgraceful E-Bay Auction

kane31666

Reaction score
The thing that got me about this guy, was that he said he got to different colored Bunsens. And that's a blatant lie, anyway....

I've already e-mailed the seller. His reply is below, and below that was my original message

Hey,

It's not shady.....look at the picture on the front of the card...the figure is yellow!! Not green & is going to be corrected later on.....

I didn't get over 1400 feedback selling "shady" items.

My original message:
You do realize that this auction is false advertising. All of the Bunsen figures are that color. I think it's pretty shady to knowingly do that when posting an auction.

BTW- MM-III, i'm the one who original sent a complaint to e-bay.

kane31666

Reaction score
Another thing I just noticed. He said the picture on the front of the packaging is a figure. Its the puppet not the figure.

Kedrick

Reaction score
Regardless if it is the puppet or the figure on the card, he states that the figure will be corrected LATER ON, yet his auction says that he has one of each. Interesting.

Clint

MM-III

Reaction score
Here is the email I have just now sent him...

You still have not changed your auction to reflect that the green bunsen is not an error. I have confirmed that the green is not an error with Kenneth Lilly, the director of the muppet line. His reply? "You should also e-mail the dude direct and tell him he is a big stinky pile of...um, well, something... "

Check the back of your figure and you'll see his name. Go to muppetcentral.com and ask him yourself if you want to. Green is the correct color and you claiming that he is an error is a blatant lie. How someone as dishonest as you got such a high feedback rating is beyond me. Your auction has been reported to ebay, just thought you'd like to know.

good day...

radionate

Reaction score
Welcome everyone to the wonderful world of collectibles. I've even heard of people steaming open packages, then doing screwy things to the figures, and then reglue them to sell them as errors or varients.:mad:

Luke

Reaction score
So maybe if i put Miss Piggy into the microwave for a few seconds i can sell her on as 'Squidgy Miss Piggy Variant With Breast Reduction'

OK, so who'll start the bidding off at $200 ????? ;-)

Luke

Reaction score
It's quite easy to get a high feedback like that - there are 'methods' some shady people use that don't even involve them selling anything.

I agree that this dude sounds a bit suspect (ok - a lot) - just saying that he had green AND yellow, and that yellow is the normal color makes him stinky.

Kedrick

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
So maybe if i put Miss Piggy into the microwave for a few seconds i can sell her on as 'Squidgy Miss Piggy Variant With Breast Reduction'

OK, so who'll start the bidding off at $200 ????? ;-)
Must...have...rare....Piggy....

I will pay $500 for one!!!

Gimmie, Gimmie! :smile:

Clint

radionate

Reaction score
I'll give you $ 2.50 and my first born child.

Or better yet....lets just go buy a case of figures and a microwave, make a bunch of squidgy Piggies and sell them on the black market. I'll cut you into the deal Luke for 30%.

And when the Muppet Labs playset comes out we can do it with the Beakers and call them Factory Samples!!!!!!!