1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

disgruntled kermit

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by gorry, Jun 19, 2002.

1. gorry New Member

does anybody remember the muppet show skit with the two pink muppets and the rock star looking muppet?that would continuisly say "mah nuh mah nuh" then the pink ones said "do do do do"."mah nuh mah nuh" "do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do". and for some reason the rock star guy would get angrier every time until he eventually left.then the pink ones go "do do do do" then it shows kermit backstage working when the phone rings.he picks it up ans says to the pink guys "it's for you" then he gives it to them and you hear "mah nuh mah nuh!".
    then kermit looks at the audience and his face looks completley out of place.that was indeed funny.
  2. I love me some disgruntled Kermit...

That's always been a favorite Kermie expression of mine! :D
  3. radionate New Member

Thats the Mahna Mahna sketch that you hear so many people talking about.
  4. fluffmuppet Member

Yep! I gots that on mah computer!

I think that's Kermit's "sheesh" look. Totally classic! My sister laughs her butt of whenever she sees that! Hahahaha~!

Even friends at school know what mahna mahna is because of me, and I go up to them and say "Don't be such a Mahna Mahna!"
    and they always laugh! It's too good to pass up =)

~fluff~
  5. gorry New Member

is the rock star muppet guy named mahna mahna?because i've been waiting soooooooooooo long to figure out who he is.
  6. BorkBork New Member

you guessed it! :)

Yup his name is Mahna Mahna
  7. Salmoto New Member

The question is "What is a Mahna Mahna?"
  8. gorry New Member

could that be the reason he says "mah na mah na"?
  9. Salmoto New Member

Questioning his own existence, a very interesting thought.

Regardless, I love this skit. It is among my favorite of the funny Muppet moments. The best part of it is it's always coming back for more without losing the charm it originally had, like in the Sandra Bullock episode of "Muppets Tonight" or the Muppet show live (which I sadly didn't attend.)
  10. fluffmuppet Member

The question is "What is a Mahna Mahna?"

The question is, "who cares?"

Hehehehehe, sorry, I HAD to say it!!!

~fluff~
  11. sstVideo New Member

12. BorkBork New Member

I have a couple of versions of mahna on my ftp-server, including the one with Piero Umili-whatever....

adress: howyadooing.audio-stream.net
    user: muppet
    pas: fans
    port: 21

To avoid getting alot of emails asking how to download, i say to you now - Use an ftp-client, such as cute ftp. Downloadable at download.com

cheers
    /Anders
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

What Ilove about Kermit is that he's very simplely make. He's basically a glove with eyes (not my words, it's from Of Muppets and Men). This means that Jim (or Nowadays, Steve) can crumple their hands up and make Kermit look disgusted. No other Muppet has that simplicity, therefore Kermit has more expression than the others.
  14. Vendaface New Member

Re: Mah Nah Mah Nah

Great link! I knew I'd seen "Mahna Mahna" in another sketch... "Fat Cat Sat Hat." Thanks!
  15. CaptCrouton New Member

Yes according to the website, it was done on Ed Sullivan, Sesame Street, the Muppet Show, and Muppets Tonight.

Never done in Fraggle Rock or the Jim Henson hour. It would be interesting to see Mahna Mahna amongst the Fraggles.

Let me propose to Henson and Associates this Proposition M; that heretofore, every Muppet Series should work a Mahna Mahna version into one episode for the sake of future generations.

Or how about developing a series around Mahna Mahna with his own little world populated by Snowths and those pointed head guys with the glasses. Hmmm.
  16. BorkBork New Member

hmm i wonder what he is trying to say...

to me it's like this: he tries to say something, but the snowths doesn't understand...in fact...no-one does. And it's very obvious that he gets frustrated, so he slams the door in the end.
  17. gorry New Member

i think i know,notice when he like sings something other than "mahna mahna" like a grunt they ignore him,so he tries desperatley to say somethin else...............
  18. Salmoto New Member

I dunno if Mahna Mahna series would work because Mahna and the pointy-haired guys have a retro 60s feel to them. Keep Mahna as he is but give him freakier counterparts to deal with (That fuzzy bug-eyed koozebanian from Muppets Tonight is a good example.) and you have the most surreal family show of all time.