1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Disney and AOL-Time Warner

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Bean Bunny, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

http://www.animationmagazine.net/licensing/10_3_02.html

Animation Magazine is stating their is a possibility that Disney and AOL-Time-Warner might try to merger into one big huge company. I can't wait to see the anti-trust laws. Any way, Kermit and Pals will now might more pals to play with.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

ANYONE UP FOR A GAME OF MONOPOLY!??? WE USE REAL COMPANIES!!!!!
  3. radionate

radionate New Member

Forget Bill Gates' plan to take over the world, I think a certain little mouse has his eye on it.

Good Grief. This merger would never be approved though.
  4. ZootandDingo

ZootandDingo Member

Well, if it's in the Post, then it MUST be true!

:rolleyes:
  5. Drtooth

QUICK!!!! We need to bring Teddy Roosevelt back from the grave.
  6. Drtooth

Y-y-y-y-yyessssss!! Now that I have convinced them both to merge, I can usurp power and become the richest mouse in the world, then gain my position as world leader!!!!

Oh wait! Narf! What does this button thingy do???

BOOOOM!!!!

They're dinky, they're Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain Brain!

NARF!!!!
    Ugh!! I get sooo carried away!
  7. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

Someone watches to much cartoons. :D i loved Pinky and the Brain does that show still come on?
  8. grail

grail New Member

i think everyone's absolutely right...this would NEVER be allowed...unless somebody had the money to pay off anyone who would speak against it, and nobody has that kind of money. you'd have to be Michael Eisner to be able...to even...oh, poopie...

in other news...wanna watch me go waaaaay out on a limb to figure out where rumors come from?

step 1: news of a possible AOL/Disney merger

step 2: people begin to remember that the last big Disney merger that no one figured would happen, but many seem to think did: Disney/Henson

step 3: people start thinking about what properties both own, and how they could be exploited by this partnership

step 4: Aol/Time Warner own DC comics...a lot of people think Disney owns the Muppets

so news of this merger means it's OBVIOUS that there really will be a Muppet comic book, like i heard the other day...

and yes, i really did hear that...sometime last week i think...but i havn't been able to find any proof of it yet, which is why i havn't said anything until now...it's one of those rumors that doesn't make any sense, and you can't fathom where it came from...
  9. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

OK, notice how they AOL (not Disney) executives first brought up a potential merger. Keep in mind, AOL Time Warner is larger and has more brands (so to speak) than Disney.

Though this kind of merger will probably never happen, it'd be, well, "interesting" nonetheless.
  10. towels

towels New Member

Nickolodean was the last to hold the rights if I remember correctly. They were stashing it at like 6:30 am or something for a while...
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Animation Magazine is stating their is a possibility that Disney and AOL-Time-Warner might try to merger into one big huge company. I can't wait to see the anti-trust laws. Any way, Kermit and Pals will now might more pals to play with.<<<

Interesting...I had no idea of this possibility. Might just be a rumor. Could you imagine AOL/TW/WB/Disney all in one setting?
    All we need is for Microsoft to buy Viacom and Sony and then this merger and Bill Gates would control all 5 major media companies. Bawhahawahahhwawa!