Disney and Henson Team Together For Let It Rain (Movies)

statnwaldorf

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Disney and Jim Henson Pictures have become leashed to the singing-dog picture "Let It Rain."

They've made a potential seven-figure preemptive pitch deal with writers Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio ("Bubble Boy").

"Let It Rain" (tentative title) is a live-action musical with four-legged participants. A canine con artist enters a barnyard of a drought-stricken farm and persuades the animals that singing the right songs will bring rain and end their misery. Between all the songs and hoofing, the animals grow to love and respect the strange interloper.

Michael.

Foreignman

Reaction score
"Bubble Boy", yuch... This sounds strange indeed, just another example of "The Mouse wooing Miss Piggy".

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
First the Elf movie and now this.

Since Disney and Henson are working together, there one project that Henson might be interested in. "The Wind and The Willows". Disney has the rights for a live-action film. It has been rumored that they would use CGI and live-action but using the creature shop would be better.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I certainly agree. CG is great for certain shots and certain projects, but it really seems void of the charm and craftmanship that the Creature Shop consistently brings to their projects.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Bubble boy guys?!?!? WHat are the dogs going to sing about? Pooping on ethnic stereotypes? And wasn't there a live action "Mr. Toad's Wild ride" movie that did horribly?

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I certainly agree. CG is great for certain shots and certain projects, but it really seems void of the charm and craftmanship that the Creature Shop consistently brings to their projects.
Absolutely. I was furious when I saw Attack of the Clones.
Going CGI RUINED Yoda, IM(not so)HO

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
uncleduke

Originally posted by uncleduke [
B]CGI RUINED Yoda[/B]

That is a very popular opinion held by many puppet performers and enthusiasts I have spoken to, but to tell you the truth I felt much of it was handled quite well. (frogboy ducks) The fight sequence was where the CG shined IMHO, but it was the more sublte shots and movements (like when he was walking) that really stood out as being artificial. Maybe they should have had him float in his little pod more often. There's just too much rubbery bounce to CG these days. This is Star Wars not Roger Rabbit - but someone should tell that to Jar Jar. LOL!

Another debate is that of digital projection. I have seen both versions and I must say that the digital one is superiror, but only because it was shot on digital film for reasons of adding FX. From what I have been reading in Variety, Fox is considering making it more of a standard for their films. In that case I think it's unfortunate. There really is a much more limited depth of field and a synthetic feel to the noticeable pixels as opposed to the more organic film grain. No wonder people talk in movies these days when they're just watching a really big TV!:smile: