1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by mrsieve, Jun 24, 2007.

1. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

This is taken from The Muppet Newsflash site dated June 22nd, 2007. (http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/)

Not sure if anyone has seen this but:

"It has been confirmed that Disney is getting ready to film a series of Muppet-centered interstitials (also being called "mini-movies") that are intended for airing on the Disney Channel. The films are being designed to introduce a new generation of fans to the Muppets characters and humor – while keeping the classic feeling and tone the Muppets are so well known for. The interstitials will star the Muppets, along an occasional cameos by some of the popular Disney Channel stars. These short films are expected to start airing later this year (with some "insiders" hinting at an "August" time-frame). No further details are available at this time, but I assure you that I will keep you updates as more information is released.

On a somewhat related note, Dave Goelz mentioned at yesterday's "Muppet, Music & Magic" event that there is a movie script for the Muppets in the works, along with a brand-new web-series "coming soon"."
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*screams!* YES! This is it! This is what we need! Go Muppets, go! :excited:
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Interesting! But I'm not going to comment either way until I see them. :)
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I can sum up all our feelings in one word:

FINALLY! :)
  5. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

With the release of Season 2 of the Muppet Show and now the Muppet mini-movies later this year it's getting to be exciting!
  6. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

I Feel Hope! :d
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! It sounds interesting, and this could work pretty wall with the Mini
    Movies!:)

But what mentioned about the movies script the web-series sounds so!:excited:
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'm excited. I just hope we get to see them over here!
  9. tiggergirl19

tiggergirl19 Member

I like this idea!

I think that this is the right kind of television show that more families need to watch together. I watch tv with my mom, and at times, with my family, and I usually channel surf to see what's on that's good to watch. Ususally there's nothing good on in the day, if it's the weekend :( . But I usually tend to go with Disney Channel more on the weekends because they have better programming on than anyone else does :) .

:halo:
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if "Mini-movies" actualy means television special or could it be something else? It's been a long time since there have been any non-Jim Henson tribute/ non-Sesame Street Muppet specials (we almost had some during the 50th anniversary...).
  11. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Oh I'm all jumpy and jittery with the possiblities of what this could lead to if it actually happens! I won't count chickens before they hatch but boy, this is exciting! :excited:
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Yeah, I really like this idea. In the thread about Jim Hill's article, he hinted at that, and I thought it sounded pretty good. Now that we've got The Muppet Newsflash reporting it, I am very excited! That means things are rolling, and that we will actually see them come to fruition this time.

One small problem: Canada doesn't get the Disney Channel. However, the Family Channel plays tons of Disney Channel shows, so maybe they will play these interstitials in between shows? I really hope so! Family Channel, take the hint ;)
  13. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

I hope Scooter will the in one of them, as well as The Electric Mayhem, Rowlf, Swedish Chef, Sam Eagle, and various Whatnots of several "Muppet Meeting Films", modified versions of various Frackles and other Monsters, and Animal Show animals.
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

I gathered these are vignettes, or "bumpers" they put between shows. It sounds a good thing to do, as well as the comics and webisodes. I don't get the point of it not promoting a show thats about to start though, it needs something for them to follow on and watch.
  15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

see i knew Disney was going to do somthing it was just going to take time they want to do it right.
  16. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Oh yeah...and obscure Fraggle Rock characters Brool, Murray, Aretha, Mudwell, Begoony, Beastie, Blustering Bellowpane Monster, and some Inkspots.
  17. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I know, I hope so too, since they were making the effort as of late.

I'll try to keep positive, but as I said, I won't judge until I see them. :)
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Scooter was beautiful sounding in Muppets Wizard of Oz. I hope they use the same performer again.
  19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh, definitely, Rickey Boyd did a FANTASTIC job as Scooter in MWoO, at fist I didn't like it too much, I preferred Brian Henson's, but watching it again and again, I really, really like Rickey's Scooter.
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, Disney Channel used to air Fraggle rock.