Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

mrsieve

Reaction score
This is taken from The Muppet Newsflash site dated June 22nd, 2007. (http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/)

Not sure if anyone has seen this but:

"It has been confirmed that Disney is getting ready to film a series of Muppet-centered interstitials (also being called "mini-movies") that are intended for airing on the Disney Channel. The films are being designed to introduce a new generation of fans to the Muppets characters and humor – while keeping the classic feeling and tone the Muppets are so well known for. The interstitials will star the Muppets, along an occasional cameos by some of the popular Disney Channel stars. These short films are expected to start airing later this year (with some "insiders" hinting at an "August" time-frame). No further details are available at this time, but I assure you that I will keep you updates as more information is released.

On a somewhat related note, Dave Goelz mentioned at yesterday's "Muppet, Music & Magic" event that there is a movie script for the Muppets in the works, along with a brand-new web-series "coming soon"."

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*screams!* YES! This is it! This is what we need! Go Muppets, go! :excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Interesting! But I'm not going to comment either way until I see them. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I can sum up all our feelings in one word:

FINALLY! :smile:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
With the release of Season 2 of the Muppet Show and now the Muppet mini-movies later this year it's getting to be exciting!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! It sounds interesting, and this could work pretty wall with the Mini
Movies!:smile:

But what mentioned about the movies script the web-series sounds so!:excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm excited. I just hope we get to see them over here!

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
I like this idea!

I think that this is the right kind of television show that more families need to watch together. I watch tv with my mom, and at times, with my family, and I usually channel surf to see what's on that's good to watch. Ususally there's nothing good on in the day, if it's the weekend :frown: . But I usually tend to go with Disney Channel more on the weekends because they have better programming on than anyone else does :smile: .

:halo:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if "Mini-movies" actualy means television special or could it be something else? It's been a long time since there have been any non-Jim Henson tribute/ non-Sesame Street Muppet specials (we almost had some during the 50th anniversary...).