Disney Channel

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Join the Disney Channel campaign and then sign the petition at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/preservethemagic

My name is Daniel and I am the founder of a new campaign aimed towards the Disney Channel. As of right now, we have over 300 signatures on our online petition ... And We plan on attempting to get the letter below published in as many newspapers and magazines as we can. The letter explains the entire cause as well as why we are fighting this.
"It is not myself I am thinking about, but it is the affect of what might happen to whatever is left that bothers me... " -- Walt Disney
The ?new? Disney Channel and stores are ignoring the very principles they were founded under and is spitting on the Disney name as a whole.
The following comments are from two once proud Disney Channel viewers who have signed the official petition. They sum up our case perfectly:
"I live in an area where the Disney Channel is a premium channel. After subscribing for nearly ten years, we unsubscribed in the fall of 1998. Why should we pay for old reruns of Growing Pains and TV shows we would never watch? Fall [of] 1998 was when I started college so I had grown up with the Disney Channel but had lost interest with the changing program. Without me at home, my parents nixed the channel. Through the 'old' Disney Channel, I was introduced to wonderful old movies. It was on Disney that I first saw a lot of the Disney classics as well as Hollywood classics like the musicals of Rogers and Hammerstein. It used to be programming that my parents and I could watch together when I was younger. Now the only group your channel plays to is the 12 and under crowd.
Shame on you! Disney is about family and once this channel was for family, now it?s a commercial filled unwatchable channel for Disney fans. I might as well watch Nickelodeon or MTV and I don't have to pay extra."
"It isn't so much the old shows I miss (fond of them though I am), it's the QUALITY. Disney has decided to limit it's target audience to small children in the daytime and 'tweens' the rest of the time, leaving the large group of Disney fans ages 16 and over with nothing but Vault Disney at 2 AM. I grew up with the Disney channel of the late 80's/early 90's, and the whole format was sophisticated and directed at a FAMILY audience instead of a small group of kids. Anyone remember the days when you weren't bombarded with brightly-colored 'zoogs' and loud music reminiscent of Brittany Spears on speed every time you turned on Disney? Walt Disney created many things in the hopes of bringing families together, and I think the current Disney channel has lost sight of that. Sadly, they've lost the 'Disney' vision in many things, but I digress. Broaden your appeal again, Disney channel. I promise the response will be great."
We are not saying that rhey should get rid of Zoog Disney and programs such as Lizzie McGuire and Jett Jackson. Rather, limit the Zoogs to the weekend and mix current shows in with other daytime programming such as higher quality behind the scenes shows, Classic Hollywood (A Disney Channel series that used to show live action films from Hollywood?s Golden Age), cartoon shorts, old cartoon series from Disney Afternoon (Perhaps the channel could have its own two hour Disney Afternoon show with rotating cartoons each day; Like Pepper Ann, Ducktales, Talespin, and Doug one day ... Tarzan, Recess, Goof Troop and Darkwing Duck another ... And so on), vintage episodes of Walt Disney?s television shows. Bring back the yearly Animation Festival, Disneyland/Walt Disney World history shows and opening day programs on each parks birthday. It's not too much to ask for. The station would not only re-gain its legacy and original reputation, but it would undoubtedly recieve a broader and more diversified audience. Not every fan can get up and watch traditional Disney programs on the Disney Channel at 1 am or some other un-Godly hour.
Hey ... Why not just turn Disneyland into a giant playground with shops? There's an idea. After all, it would be cheaper to operate and future generations will know it only it as a giant kiddy area. Not the family
entertainment giant it once was. God knows the Disney Channel pre-1 am audience won't give a darn They will never know the company as it was always intended to be.
If certain areas in this company ignore their principles, they stop the Disney name from flourishing. Not just
as a company. But also as a man. A pioneer. Walt Disney, to be precise. Whose philosophy in the Disney Company
was always to entice people to visit all of their masterpieces by providing nothing but "High quality family entertainment." The company he built currently preaches about family, yet at the same time ignores the very aspects and principles of family entertainment upon which they were built.
When the Disney Channel began to ignore these ideals, they helped to stop the Disney name from flourishing. Not just as a company. And Flourishing into what it was destined to be.
But also as a man. And What he was always meant to be.
And Now, they are even getting rid of Vault Disney!

Join the Disney Channel campaign and then sign the petition at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/preservethemagic

Daniel:smile:

wolfy

Reaction score
As Montgomery Burns would say, Daniel, "Exxxxxxxx-celllllennnt!"

Went to the site, signed the petition, hubby signed it, oldest son will probably sign it this evening after school AND I am going to tell some of my buddies on a chat site about it.

Bet we will get some more signatures, say wot?

Great idea...thanks for bringing it to our attention.

--wolfy--