Disney Channel's premiere of Muppets Wizard of Oz

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

heres some good news, Disney Channel's premiere of the MUPPETS WIZARD OF OZ is on Jan 8th @ 8pm on Disney channel, no menchin if this is the "Extended film Version" like the dvd or not! heres the link: http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=top&newsitem_no=15758

** On Sunday, Jan. 8 at 5:00 pm, ET/PT, Toon Disney will air a new episode of the Jetix action/adventure KONG: THE ANIMATED SERIES. Kong and Tann must save their friends Jason and Lua from the clutches of an evil Professor.

Moreover, a special primetime presentation (7:30 pm, ET/PT) of the Playhouse Disney hit series LITTLE EINSTEINS reveals how Leo, Annie, Quincy, June and Rocket came to be the Little Einsteins. The storyline depicts the kids on the day they met Rocket and embarked on their first mission: a 'round the globe adventure to help Rocket find a home. Also featured this evening are THE CARE BEARS BIG WISH MOVIE (6:00 pm) and Disney Channel's premiere of MUPPETS WIZARD OF OZ, a retelling of the classic story starring recording artist Ashanti, Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzy and Miss Piggy (8:00 pm, ET/PT). **

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Cool news!

I can't believe that reporter misspelled "Fozzie".

Sheesh.
:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... You'd be surprised how many misspellings occur on eBay listings. Anyway, thanks for the news. Will attempt to watch it, though I'm looking forward to the DVD I got for Christmas also.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah I saw the commercial for this yesterday! I happened to flip to Disney Channel right at the right moment. Although they were like "Starring Queen Latifah and Ashanti" and I'm thinking "Uhh don't you mean starring THE MUPPETS?!" (after all, they ARE the main reason I watch it :wink: )

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Disney's funny like that sometimes. They made this big to-do about premiereing MFS on Toon Disney in November of 2004 and MCC in December, and then nothing.

Looking back on it, I rully think they dropped the ball in the promotion department. They started off with MFS and MCC, and could've had one of the other Muppet movies leading up to MWoO. They could've aired MFS in November of 2004, MCC in December, MTI in January of 2005, TMTM in February, TGMC in March, TMM in April, and then finish it off with the premiere of MWoO in May with reminders on Toon Disney that MWoO would air in May of 2005 on ABC while airing the other Muppet movies.

Oh well, what's done is done.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
This'll be cool... I've been wanting to see it again. I'm too cheap to buy the DVD. :cry:

MWoO

Reaction score
The DVD is too cheap not to buy.

tinweirdo

Reaction score
Scooter and crazy harry on the daily show with jon stewart! Harry Belafonte episode!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
tinweirdo said:
Scooter and crazy harry on the daily show with jon stewart! Harry Belafonte episode!
No wonder you screen name is tinweirdo lol.... but really, what the heck?

Rugby

Reaction score
I am really behind the times. I had no idea that MWoO was done and aired on TV let alone on DVD already.