1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

"Disney Drive On" possible new web series?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by galagr, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Well, it's NOT going to be on Youtube, so unless you constantly go on ToughPigs like I do, and see that the other episodes will be on a different website, then I think casual fans will be scratching their heads at why there aren't any other episodes on Youtube.

2. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Oh, I go to ToughPigs every day, and I know they'll be at Disney Movies Anywhere.

3. Muppet Master

Ya, but NOT everyone does. Oh well, there'll be more muppet web shorts, hopefully. Also it says that the series will only be on for a LIMITED time, so I'm going to film the episodes, and save them on my flash drive before they are taken off.

4. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

Well that explains the Wreck-It Ralph plug. I was thinking, "Why would they be pushing a two-year-old Disney animation flick?" (I'm guessing they ADR'd the MMW press junket line)

It also explains why Jennifer Tilly looks as good as she did.

Muppet Master likes this.
  5. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The comparisons people make between Scooter and Walter are nothing but Muppet racism. (Kind of tongue-in-cheek, but also kind of true) ;)

Here's a little editorial I contributed about Walter over at the Mindset a while ago: Walter - Unsung Muppet Hero

It clears up this two-dimensional misconception.

Anyway, I love this series so far. It's not too heavy-handed with the jokes. Oh, and I'd let Carl lick my head any time he wants. :eek: That came out wrong.

Duke Remington and galagr like this.
  6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It also explains why Martin Landau is dubbing dialogue for Frankenweenie.

7. fozzieisfunny

Uhh.... well, that's not weird at all.

Muppet Master and jvcarroll like this.
  8. goldenstate5

Haha I just noticed that. I was even thinking, "What movie is Landau associated in with Disney now?"

Heck, what was Jennifer Tilly doing for Disney in 2012? She wasn't even in "Monsters University"!

9. Muppet Master

This feels like a Muppets Tonight show for the "still active" muppets which are Pepe, Bobo,and Big Mean Carl.

10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Caught the second episode after having a bit of trouble getting into Disney Movies Anytime (guess if you have an account with ESPN, their sister site, it causes some password confusion). I'm still not sure exactly what Jennifer Tilly was promoting to be working with the Muppets, but she seems to have quite the arm, lol.

11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

If this was made two years ago, I wonder what took them so long to actually release it.

I noticed at the beginning that Walter refers to Muppets Most Wanted. I'm pretty sure it didn't have that title in 2012, so either some of it was shot recently or Peter Linz dubbed the line.

12. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

If only that office really existed!

13. goldenstate5

Definitely ADR'd. At the time the sequel had been announced as "The Muppets... Again!" and was about to hit production. My guess is that they originally were going to make these as what they should've been: a Muppet webseries as the sequel was being made. But Disney probably held it in their back pocket instead to use as promotion later down the line.

14. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I thought the first episode was awesome! I love the "Fix-It Felix" video game reference.

15. fozzieisfunny

If you like that reference, then watch episode 2. It has another Fix-It-Felix reference.

Duke Remington likes this.
  16. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Here's the second episode: . Holy cow, is Jennifer hot!

17. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if Steve Whitmire did much performing in these. Kermit appears at the beginning of the first episode, and I haven't noticed Steve performing any other characters.

Despite Kermit being in just a little of the series so far, the credits give Steve Whitmire "Starring" credit (Kermit doesn't even appear in the second episode and that still says "Starring Steve Whitmire as Kermit").

I've noticed in the previews that Carter will appear in an episode. I'm guessing the puppet is being recycled, though (or will he be referred to as Carter?). I wonder who's performing him here.

18. Muppet Master

I wonde
    I'm pretty sure that the credits for each episode is the same, right up to the "no bunnies were harmed in the making of this production", and these are just shorts, at least Steve performed in the series, Dave Goelz, Eric Jacobson, Matt Vogel, or David Rudman had no involvement. Anyways, I REALLY want to know the names of those two monkeys, they're like my favorite characters in the series.

19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

They (or at least the one with the glasses) appear to be recycled from Quongo.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Quongo_the_Wild_Mountain_Gorilla

On an unrelated note, anyone catch the early artwork for Peter Pan when Walter introduces himself to recycled Carter?

Muppet Master likes this.
  20. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I don't know what that means? In the new video or the old one? Around what time does this happen? :confused: