Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, gang, the discussion's become TOO heated. I'd like to see the discussions not be so harsh, please.

After all, if it's one thing the Muppets should have taught all of us is UNITY! We can have different opinions (Piggy says they're married; Kermit says no way), but they're still friends.

Besides, we finally get something so there's no need to worry or fret over it yet. Yeah, they're the new kids on the block, but so what? I'm glad to see new folks working on something and bringing something fresh and new to the mix.

Consider this: complaints galore about Muppets Wizard of Oz (although i liked it), mainly guest appearances on other shows (I'm tired of it, ready for their own show or another movie), folks complained over the past few films since Jim's been gone from us...

These new guys are fans, and as I've said before who better to deliver than fans?

I welcome them and look forward to what they will give us. I have faith that the tables are going to turn for the better and hope everyone else will, too.

I may have boundless optimism, sure; but, didn't Jim?

The only thing to ruin it is if we keep complaining and Diz pulls the plug, then my negativity will return.

My only desire is that there are no lame cameos and, whatever cameos they have, will be as keenly and subtlely done as those in The Muppet Movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Agreed. I honestly don't mind differences of opinion or the dissatisfaction of many fans. Too much pessimissm is bad, and so is too much optimism. We need both. But I do agree it needs to be discussed more civily. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i thought we have been doing better i mean the last few post today have been about music, and no one has seemed upset or it hasn't been heated I think we are doing better. I could be wrong though. I feel like I am the one to blame here and I'm sorry, I brought up the thought about What if's and it got to heated I'm sorry guys I had no cule it would get that out of hand.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well you know, it's not about what we bring up so much, it's the manner we all choose to discuss it. There's nothing wrong with the topics themselves. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only thing to ruin it is if we keep complaining and Diz pulls the plug, then my negativity will return.
I for one am not complaining. I have a feeling these 2 guys know what the fans of classic Muppet fans want, since they clearly are. The Cameos will clearly be all their movie friends. I think they've compiled a group of stock actors they love to keep working with- similar to George Lucas and Harrison Ford, or Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. This isn't just a quick, "we need a famous writer to be attatched to a Muppet Project, and it's just a paycheck to them," they clearly will be working with as many muppet professionals for guidance.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Hi everyone! i would love so much to see Courtney Thorne Smith around the muppets, and for the new film i want a more promonent presence of Scooter and rowlf, i hope that the writers would read our hopes , bye!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi everyone! i would love so much to see Courtney Thorne Smith around the muppets, and for the new film i want a more promonent presence of Scooter and rowlf, i hope that the writers would read our hopes , bye!
Well hi there and welcome to Muppet Centeral! who are you talking about I don't belive I have ever heard of her? Sorry

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Well hi there and welcome to Muppet Centeral! who are you talking about I don't belive I have ever heard of her? Sorry
I didn't know her by name either so I looked her up I think most people would remember her as Allison Parker on the Fox drama Melrose Place.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have a mental list of people that could be teamed with the Muppets, but I still say if the Muppets show up in top form with good writing it doesn't matter who they're with or what they're doing. (Still it would be nice to see Cyndi Lauper singing with them, but that's my dream) :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have a mental list of people that could be teamed with the Muppets, but I still say if the Muppets show up in top form with good writing it doesn't matter who they're with or what they're doing. (Still it would be nice to see Cyndi Lauper singing with them, but that's my dream) :embarrassed:
Thats my dream to

Status
Not open for further replies.