Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It really is his Gonzo that is unacceptable. His Kermit seems to be coming along, but the horrible Gonzo design appears to be a deliberate choice that this otherwise fine artist is intent on keeping no matter how much fans dislike it. I would like to see Gonzo in the Langridge style, but that is not Gonzo at all.

I am still excited and hope to see the good things contained in his first installment.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I heard that Marvel and DC are ruining the purchase game and gong up to $3.99 also.

Mark Waid is a great writer and a super nice guy. I feel certain that the final product of this book will be superb reading for the fans.

I do have some problems with some of the characters' designs, but I'm sure as we read the series of comics they'll grow on us. There have been very few artists that draw them the way I expect and appreciate them.

Longtime comic book nerd that I am, I'm pretty psyched for this one. I like the artwork I've seen so far, and the writer seems to have the right sensibility about the project.

I'm especially happy that this (as well as the Pixar comics) are going to be $2.99 instead of Boom!'s usual $3.99. That's my cut-off point for regular-sized comics these days.

BlakeMP

Reaction score
I heard that Marvel and DC are ruining the purchase game and gong up to $3.99 also.
They're both flirting with it. Marvel has already bumped some of their higher-selling titles (and, as a result, those titles are no longer in my pull folder at the local comic shop). DC, to their credit, has at least given us more story pages whenever they've bumped the price... so far.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I kind of like his muppets in a weird, twisted way. Comics are generally darker and more perverse than say "Little Golden Book" artwork. I get it.

BlakeMP

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd say a comic necessarily would be "perverse," but I agree with you about the art. I can understand why his Gonzo may not be popular, but honestly, I really like it.

unclematt

Reaction score
To each thier own. I guess if it is able to sell I am happy with it.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be adding these to my already pretty big comic book collection. :smile:, sweet, thoes Pixar ones look kind of cool too, but Muppets first

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
DC, to their credit, has at least given us more story pages whenever they've bumped the price... so far.
Marvel makes better movies with their characters, but DC is more fair to the marketplace. I'm thankful they haven't lost their mind on comic book pricing.

I heard that at one industry meeting one comic book store owner suggested that prices on comics go back down, and the rest of the comic book owners began yelling, "No! No!" His suggestion was that if they were less costly, folks could afford to buy more titles. I agree with that.

I expect Boom will give us good work. I liked the Farscape comic book, and I've never seen the show (okay, I sense someone is going to horse-whip me for that--but, I don't have cable and trying to make it through other DVDs just yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.