Disney in talks to buy Muppets

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
it's too early in the morning for me to think...i mean a normal person would be sleeping right now!

Sarah

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
As for my opinion, dig the archives and you'll know how I feel.

Still, sorta off topic, though I got REALLY excited when I read the article a few minutes ago, I still got VERY upset when I read the Creature Shop, the CREATURE SHOP, won't be part of any deal, whether it be Disney or anyone. Just as a personal Henson fan, my anger boils at this point. This is when I really get p*ssed at the whole EM.TV debacle. The Henson division which is a leader in its field, created creatures in my favorite movies, and even blended with the Muppets in projects like JHH, is now separated from Henson. Unless Disney (or whoever) can also buy THEM separately, or if even Henson just builds yet another creature effects shop (heck, call it Muppetronics), I'll just be ticked off in that sense. I just wish there was an explanation.

Back to Disney, just wanna say (though it don't matter), March 7 was Michael Eisner's 61st birthday. Yep, don't matter.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Sarah: Normal person? Jeez, not too many here :wink:

Chilly Down: A scooter named after a scooter? Nah, that'd make too much sense.

Let's stick with the transport named after our favourite king prawn :rolleyes:

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Eisner 61???

Possibly the fact that Eisner is 61 is significant, I'm I'm sure the guy doesn't plan on working too far past his retirement age.
The muppets would be a perfect parting gift to Disney and would probably boost his retirment package in line with share value.

Just a thought :confused:
Jamie

Muppets1985

Reaction score
YIPPY!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHH

:smile: OMG WOW!!! Too cool for me, I'm jsy REALLY happy when I JUST read this ,I HOPE this goes, and ENDS this week!:excited: : God I love this! Okay ....Go disney, go disney, disney, go Disney!!!:big_grin:

bye **A VEARY HAPPY Stevie....again!**:big_grin:

PS If Disney gets them I would LOVE to see "Dark Crystal" in Disney's Animal Kingdom :wink:

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Hmmm

Stevie,
This will be the third time that Disney has tried to buy the Muppets, statistcally I wouldn't hold my breath, or in your case doing Virtual Victory Dances.
The Disney deal is faaar from done:rolleyes:
Jamie

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by JamieDenny
Stevie,
This will be the third time that Disney has tried to buy the Muppets, statistcally I wouldn't hold my breath, or in your case doing Virtual Victory Dances.
The Disney deal is faaar from done:rolleyes:
Jamie

LOL Yeahhhhh I know that Jamie, but what Mr. Patto Head sayed in Toy Story "Hay! I can dream can't I?" hehe:big_grin: :big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

Your talking to someone who listens to Potato's...

:stick_out_tongue:

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Re: Jamie,

Originally posted by Warrick
Your talking to someone who listens to Potato's...

:stick_out_tongue:
Yessss Warrick that too and I love...

MUFFINS!!!!:big_grin: :stick_out_tongue:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
BoyRaisin: I'm also disgusted that the Henson company will be splintered once again. And what sense does it make? If you look at the past decade, it's not Kermit and co. that have been making money for the company, it's been the Creature Shop, an awards-winning leader in the industry for special effects. Unless it's not that Disney's unwilling to buy it, but that EM.TV is unwilling to sell it. I wouldn't like that, but at least it would make sense.

Sid: Oh. Well, then how about a shrimp named Scooter? :rolleyes: :wink:

Stevie: I'd love to see Dark Crystal and Labyrinth in the Animal Kingdom. That was actually talked about a few years ago at the last buyout attempt. Unfortunately, if the Creature Shop is not part of the Disney deal, it seems unlikely this would happen. :frown: