Disney Live action movies confirmed for 2003

Joe

Reaction score
it was mentioned in one of the Country Bears threads (which I can't seem to find) that Disney had plans to make two other live action movies based on rides at disney world, one for the Haunted Mansion, and one for Pirates of the Caribean, but it wasn't known wheather they were gonna go through with them or not, These movies seem to be definate, I just got the new nintendo power magazine and TDK Mediactive and Disney interactive are already working on games for GameCube that will be released next year along with the movies.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Ugh.

The recycling never stops. And here I used to think recycling was a good thing.

Quinnnnnnnnn

radionate

Reaction score
I can't help but be optimistic about the Haunted Mansion movie, only because the story that has been created to go along with the ride is incredible, and if they stick to that at all then it might be decent.

Of course the reality is that they won't, the story will be some PG kid friendly dork filled celluloid torture that will feature cheap cameos, and lame/can't act their way out of a paper bag teen heart throb of the month stars. But I suppose if the actors are even remotely cute, I'll go see it! (Just kidding.....well maybe not)

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Of course the reality is that they won't, the story will be some PG kid friendly dork filled celluloid torture that will feature cheap cameos, and lame/can't act their way out of a paper bag teen heart throb of the month stars. But I suppose if the actors are even remotely cute, I'll go see it! (Just kidding.....well maybe not)
Do you have sources on this, or are you just being cynical? I'll understand if it's later.

radionate

Reaction score
No Chris, no official sources. I'm just using Disney "Logic". The country bears could have been so much better (no I didn't go see it, I had no desire to see something I hold so near and dear turned into sh**. (that's the only word to describe it)

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Accually, I think this logic can apply to any movie studio.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I can't help but be optimistic about the Haunted Mansion movie, only because the story that has been created to go along with the ride is incredible, and if they stick to that at all then it might be decent.
*cheers* Yes! Haunted Mansion movie! One of my two favorite attractions at the Disney theme parks (the other being, of course, Muppet Vision 3*D). Of course, one has to wonder if people actually know the story that goes along with the ride (about Master Gracey, and Madame and Little Leota, and all that fun schtuff there).

As much as I'd dislike to, I have to agree with you on that point. I can see them using the story from the old read-along tape that used to be in print a long, long time ago that was about two teens wandering through a haunted mansion. And I can see them using the lame teen heartthrobs too. Hopefully, if they use cameos, they won't be too bad.

Though ANY Haunted Mansion movie made without Paul Frees is just inconceivable.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Though ANY Haunted Mansion movie made without Paul Frees is just inconceivable.
Get ready to conceive it. You do know that they just dubbed in some new dialouge at the parks too don't you. People panicked that they were going to remove him compleatly.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE The Haunted Mansion.

*kissy fase* (lol)

It is my favorite attraktion at WDW, and when I was there for a week when I was 17 I rode it about 5 or 6 times. I kanNOT get enough of it. I have pikture of it sittin' on my komputer desk, my "home away from home" if you will, and my keykhain for my kar and house keys is a big ol' skeleton key with the HM logo emblazoned on the head.

Love, LOVE, LOVE that dear attraktion...

*SIGH*