1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Disney Muppet Babies Season 1 Episode 3 - The Great Muppet Sport-A-Thon/You Say Potato, I Say Best

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Phillip, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 3 - The Great Muppet Sport-A-Thon; You Say Potato, I Say Best
    Disney Channel Premiere: Friday March 30, 2018

The Muppet Babies put on a sporting competition and Piggy must learn how to be a good sport and get back in the game after losing several events; Gonzo becomes best friends with a potato, so the other Muppet Babies include it in their games.

If you've seen "The Great Muppet Sport-A-Thon / You Say Potato, I Say Best", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I really liked it. Statler and Waldorf saying "That joke wasn't bad. But it wasn't good" was funny. Nanny's song was catchy. Piggy finding Hot Potato to be a good game for Gonzo's potato friend was the perfect ending.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I had to miss it because I had business to take care of this morning.

4. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

It seems like a fine show; just let me know when there's a good cameo/reference. For instance, I saw baby Mahna Mahna and Snowths in a picture at the beginning.

5. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

"The Great Muppet Sport-a-Thon" was a great showcase of Piggy's temper, not to mention :boo: & :sleep:'s heckling. The highlight for me was Nanny's lovely duet with Piggy in teaching her not to be a sore loser, marking it the first time she has ever sung. Also, the nursery has a "Scribble Screen", which is like an interactive whiteboard with Internet access some schools now use.

"You Say Potato, I Say Best" gives us a little backstory on newcomer Summer, who is an immigrant from the North Pole who had some difficulty adjusting to warm-weather life. I'd like to see this get expanded on in a future episode.

6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I'm getting Baby Looney Tunes vibes from this, which while not related to Tiny Toons was a respectable "continuation"; like this isn't going to get as weird as the original Muppet Babies where they open their door and the Death Star is outside.