"Disney on Parade" stage show

zns

Reaction score
Long before Mickey and the gang began appearing around the country on ice skates, there was a stage show in the late-sixties and early-seventies called "Disney on Parade". These shows would travel from coast to coast around America, as well as a few other countries for millions of audiences. While the shows themselves had no heavy plot like the "On Ice" shows do today, there were many great moments in each one. Such segments included "Goofy and the Lovebug" and so on.

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because I'm curious about these performances. A few months ago, I was browsing through an antique shop, where one of the owners had a huge Disneyana collection. He had programs for every one of those "Disney on Parade" performances. I didn't buy those programs though, but if I ever go back, I might consider doing so.

Unfortunately, there's very little out there on the internet about "Disney on Parade", except, maybe some items on ebay based around it. Has anyone on here ever seen those shows? I would really like to know a lot more about them.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I must say, I found that rather interesting! Thanks for sharing. :wink:

zns

Reaction score
I must say, I found that rather interesting! Thanks for sharing. :wink:
No problem. What I find very interesting is that the shows don't seem to have too much of a plot and where basically just variety acts based on the famous Disney films and shorts. Some of the shows were even broadcast on the Disneyland series. Let's hope they show up on YouTube.