Disney Picks Up Alexender And The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Whoops!! Made A Mistake There!! I Meant Jim's Daghter Lisa!!
Got A Little Confused OVER Brian!! And Mustve Actually Compared Them, Sorry!! :stick_out_tongue:
And The Reason I Couldn't EDIT The First Post Is Cause Muppet Central Wouldn't Let Me!!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That was such a favorite book of mine when I was little. I'm just curious, because the book was pretty short, I wonder how they'll be able to stretch it out to a feature-length film? It could really make a decent short (10 minutes), but to stretch it to 90 minutes without padding it will be the challenge.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That was such a favorite book of mine when I was little. I'm just curious, because the book was pretty short, I wonder how they'll be able to stretch it out to a feature-length film? It could really make a decent short (10 minutes), but to stretch it to 90 minutes without padding it will be the challenge.
They didn't seem to have a whole lot of problem turning Dr. Seuss' books into movies... :halo:

mr3urious

Reaction score
I enjoyed this book as a kid, so hopefully the movie wouldn't be screwed up too bad.

Also, since there are 24 hours in a day, compressing it to 1.5 hours shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They didn't seem to have a whole lot of problem turning Dr. Seuss' books into movies... :halo:
After the Cat in the Hat, the Dr. Seuss estated vowed never to let anyone do a live action film based on his works ever again. The 2 CGI ones weren't considered offensive enough to stop the movies outright. I didn't see the Lorax, but it seems the CGI movies have are okay to at least better than the live action ones. Though, Grinch did have a great visual asthetic. If nothing else, the animated movies are very beautiful.

I'm no fan of turning cute little books into big, overblown 90 minutes of padding. A certain food related movie is THE example. Shrek became something else, but that something else was admittedly enjoyable and a huge money maker. Other than that, I find that television cartoon adaptions of kids books are usually far better, especially if they're based off a series of books. I can't think of a TV show based on a book/series of books that's outright terrible. Arthur, Clifford (though a little overboard with the "he's big" jokes), Curious George (based on a movie that I have yet to see the full way through, but it looks beautiful), The Mr. Men Show, even Dumb Bunnies were all fun little shows.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score