Disney Puppet Help

KFarr

Reaction score
Does any one know where I can find a Disney Iago puppet that was made? If you have one you are willing to sell it woudl be GREAT! If not a plush woudl be GREAT as well. I am making a puppet for a production of Alladin Jr and need one as a model. I hoep you can help!:eek:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score

KFarr

Reaction score
yeah, thank you. I looked at those. Im really hoping to find that puppet that was made. I hope someone may be able to help me find one.

mrhogg

Reaction score
KFarr, what do you mean when you say the puppet that was made? Was there a live-action version of the Disney version of Aladdin?

KFarr

Reaction score
there is a live version at disneyland; but matel made an iago puppet i want to get my hands on!

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Well...Puppets are expensive...and you either buy one...or you build one.

That's how the Puppet business works. You should ask if the director of your show is willing to pay/reimburse you for a puppet.

And it sounds like you are running out of time...so, I suggest that you make a decision on what you want.

Forget about the Mattel Iago if you can't find it. Think of something diffrent.

KFarr

Reaction score
Thats the thing I am BUILDING a puppet. As I stated I want a model to use to look at. I dont want to pay $115 for a model.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
well then i would buy a plush parrot of any kind that you can find, and reverse engineer it.

but if your running out of time think of it this way ,

average price for a plush toy of decent quality between 15-20 $,

materials for the puppet , foam ,fabric,feathers,eye shapes, about 40 - 50 $

plus time, at least 40-60 hours(thats assuming you have done a lot of puppet building and have a very clear foundation in pattern making and construction) (i ll just put in a basic hourly wage here say 15 per hour),

youll be spending more money and time building from scratch, so if you are running out of time to develop a new puppet then the one online is a great way to go, and your getting a lot for your money ,