Disney Show (I can't remember)

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, I used to watch Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Circus all the time when I was a little kid. I loved it! That was, of course, back when the Disney Channel had better programs.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you're right Bry... But since he was the title character and everyone knows him from the movie...

Used to watch The Mouse Factory very much, along with other shows from that time frame. Hope Kyle doesn't mind us muffining.

Tim

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
There was an old show that was shown on the Old Disney Channel that had all the Dinsey Characters as their costume verison. I can't remember what the name of the show was called and I loved it so. One thing I do remember is the gang lining up to cheak in with those old sign in cards. Where you would have a your name on a card and you would put it into some place on the machine then pull a leaver and it would make on what time you showed up for work that day. That's all I can remember. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If they do....please help me.
A coupla more details. The show origianlly was syndicated to local (mostly NBC) stations in the early-mid 1970's, and was produced by Ward Kimbel the craziest of all Walt's Nine Old Men. Thefirst version of the opening credits was a wild montage of animated clips and still photos similar to the "animations" on Monty Python. It finished with Mickey flying an old bi-plane past a King Kong character and-believe it or not, actually getting eaten by the giant ape along wiht the plane. Naturally, the audience complained, and the opening was re-done.

They would choose an appropriate person to host the show which was built around a particular theme-Ken Berry on dance, for instance and the rest of the show was made up of Disney clips and voice-over, along with little bits by the host. During the show, they would dress the walk-around characters up to look like they did in whatever cartoon they were about to show.

The show was fast and crazy and a lot of fun. One episode I never saw supposidly had Shari Lewis hosting-a kind of "Lambchop Meets Mickey Mouse".

One can only hope they make these available on DVD soon.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thanks Ed and Tim. That is what I was talking about. Thanks agian for the name. And yes I enjoyed all the other shows that everyone has remembered too. I watched them too.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I remember the Winnie the Pooh show and Dumbo's Circus. Here's the Dumbo Circus opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp2yUdPfOso

I remember watching these when you had to subscribe to the Disney Channel, when it wasn't part of the regular cable package.

I wanted to get the Disney channel because of these two shows. I used to think that since the shows were alike with the full scale character costumes that the Pooh and Dumbo characters knew each other. This was before I realized TV was fake. I also wondered why they never moved their mouths.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
I remember watching these when you had to subscribe to the Disney Channel, when it wasn't part of the regular cable package.
I miss the way The Disney Channel used to be... :frown:

BEAR

Reaction score
Boy, I do three. Back when we had normal cable, before we got satellite with a billion channels, you had to subscribe to the Disney Channel. For some reason we weren't subcribers, but once in a while we would get it for free when the channel would do the special advertisements trying to get people to sign up. That is when I would get to watch these shows like Dumbo's Circus, Pooh Corner, and even Fraggle Rock, all of which I loved sooo much. Now that we have satellite and there are 3 different Disney Channels, it's just not the same. The shows just don't have the same heart to them. Not all of them anyway. I miss the good old days of the Disney Channel.