Disney to revive cult puppet hero Joe 90

Luke

Reaction score
Disney to revive cult hero Joe 90

Cult puppet hero Joe 90 is to be revived in a Disney film.

Hollywood producers have bought the rights to the 1960s sci-fi doll from Carlton TV, Variety reports.

Joe 90 starred on British television as a nine-year-old agent for the mythical World Intelligence Network during the height of the Cold War.

Through an electronic device hidden in his glasses he could absorb the brain patterns of experts to help complete his missions and maintain the global balance of power.

He become the greatest of all astronauts, a dare-devil pilot, an ace motorist and a brilliant brain surgeon as he thwarted dastardly Soviet plots for world domination.

And all the time he remained above suspicion appearing - as he really was - a normal schoolboy.

British husband-and-wife team Gerry and Sylvia Anderson wrote Joe 90 in the late 1960s after the success of the Thunderbirds, which is currently being made into a movie.

The big screen version of Joe 90 will be a live action film.

Source :- Ananova.com

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
That sounds great! Has anyone heard anything lately about the live action Thunderbirds that's supposed to be going in to production?

radionate

Reaction score
I know its currently shooting in England. Johnathon Frakes (Star Trek:TNG) is directing.

I think Bill Paxton or Bill Pullman (one of them) leads the cast. Ben Kingsley is the villian.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Live action Thunderbirds and Joe 90 films bother me. It would be alot more interesting if the films were done in their original Supermarionation style of puppetry, only jazzed up with modern technology and bigger budgets. It's kind of disrespectful in my opinion to puppetry as an art to do these with live actors as opposed to puppets.
But that is only my opinion!:stick_out_tongue: