Disney Will Do Anything..

jamminjake

Reaction score
Since Disney owns the right to Muppet Babies (along with other Jim Henson properties) I wonder if they will do anything to "bring back" the show i.e re-airing on Play House Disney, new shows, etc. I read that they are devoloping a new CG version of the show. I am not quite sure what to think of this, but as long as the show is still is around in some media what do I care. :smile:

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
At least a CG version of the show would be doing SOMETHING with the Muppets.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
A CG show of muppet babies may be ok. But for them to change the actual muppets to CG would just be wrong.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Well, remember that at MuppetFest, they were talking about how they were developing a CGI puppetry system--not to replace the actual puppets, but as an additional medium in which to work. Dave and Steve even demonstrated the system with a CGI Kermit and Gonzo. So no, I don't think that doing CGI things with the Muppets is blasphemy if it's done right, in moderation, and with respect to the fact that foam and fabric beat polygons and pixels any day.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this new show, and only hope it does justice to the enjoyability of the original. Maybe they'll even use the CGI puppetry system for it; that would be pretty cool.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
My bigest concern is that I hope they don't target this show to just preschoolers, beacause thae would be a waist and a shame to see them reduced to that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree, then it wouldn't be worth it.

That reminds me of when Muppet Babies was on Nickelodeon. Just before it would come on, sometimes they'd have the voice of Doug (from the old Nickelodeon cartoon) saying, "I just want to say, Muppet Babies is NOT a show for babies! Real baby shows just have stuff like "goo goo ga" in them!" That says it all!

Teheheman

Reaction score
lol, yeah that sounds about right. But people are forgetting that Muppet Babies wasn't a show with puppets anyways. It was a cartoon, unless you're referring to one of the Muppet Movies(I think it was Manhattan, but it could have been the original) where Piggy has that flashback to them as babies. But I agree as well, if you have something like the original Muppet Babies consept(Where it wasn't targeted for little kids) or something like Spongebob(Something for kids and adults) then you got something there.

Daniel

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I know the original Muppet Babies wasn't puppetry--I was just speculating on how cool it would be if the new series was CGI puppetry instead of regular CGI.

And Muppet Babies not targeted toward little kids? That wasn't the case at all--I remember watching it on Nick Jr. It's just that it wasn't targeted solely at the older age group either. (Which is what makes the Muppets so great.)

And the flashback scene was in Muppets Take Manhattan.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I mean, I was in elelmentary school when it was on, but I still find it so well written and funny now. and It's even more funny now because I get so many more references and jokes now then I did then.