Disney's Bolt

Redsonga

Reaction score
I just saw it today (I haven't been able to go to the movies for about a year now) on DVD.
I was just wondering what everyone thought of it?
I think it was a pretty movie, picture wise, and the beginning where he was a puppy and the song scenes when he was learning to be a normal dog were well done...But all the jokes...I'm not sure if they were trying too hard or not enough to be funny but, none of them made me laugh:sympathy:. I am really easy to make laugh to (the muppets falling down joke gets me every time).
Does anyone else not get this new type of 'funny' or am I just weird:insatiable:?
I liked it, it is a nice movie, but not one I think I am going to own right now. I am going to use the money for some of the older Disney films like 101 Dalmatians..

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't know what you means by "new funny", but I am interest to know exactly just what that means?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Bolt was fun. Great in 3D too. The humor was okay, but it was Rhino that stole the show. He made me laugh very hard. Maybe you have to own rodents to really appreciate what they did with that character, but I still think it should be universal. Some really striking shot composition too. :super:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't know what you means by "new funny", but I am interest to know exactly just what that means?
I don't know exactly how to put it, it's like a sort of funny that has a lot of sarcasm mixed into it..:concern:.
*lol* Well as a cat lover I didn't agree with the 'cats hate dogs because they want to be dogs' idea. Cats hate dogs because dogs would want to eat/seriously hurt them in the wild...
I felt sorry for Mittens being declawed and abandoned. A poor house kitty has enough trouble even with claws to help them survive:cry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering I don't care for Miley Cyrus or too much John Travolta (I liked him, again, in Pulp Fiction), This movie was great. Heck, I really liked John Travolta in it. I especially liked James Lipton as the almost crazy director that was the one who wanted to keep Bolt in the dark about the tv show. And I agree totally, Rhino was the real star of the movie.

Only thing I didn't like was the country music they used in it. Never been a fan. I didn't like it as much as Wall*E or even Kung Fu Panda (which I only liked a little better), but definitely my third favorite animated movie of the year.

Unfortunately, when I saw it, I didn't get to see the Cars short....

Redsonga

Reaction score
I liked it less than Wall*E but more than Kung Fu Panda :smile:.
I see pretty much every animated movie I can...I'm really happy they're going to be doing an un-CGI movie soon :smile:.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
There defiantly were some snarky elements that took me out of the film. From the commercials, Rhino irked me, but he wasn't so bad in the movie itself. I guess it's more of a case of overexposure than anything. I mean, one would think he was the star of the film from the commercials. That and fanboy stereotypes can get annoying.

However, it wasn't the animals that bothered me as much as the human characters. I hated how the girl was treated and how spineless her mom seemed to be. I'm no mother, but I would not stand for the way the agent treated her if that were my daughter. Overall, it just seemed rather cruel to intentionally make Bolt believe in that alternate reality and to keep him cooped up. It just seemed sad to me.

Overall, it was a pretty looking film. I liked the character designs of the animals and I really loved Mittens. Though there was a point in the story which I had to say "Wait... Where did THAT come from?" and not in a good way.

Personally, I wish that Chris Sanders had not been taken off the project. I wish I could have seen his version of the film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
However, it wasn't the animals that bothered me as much as the human characters. I hated how the girl was treated and how spineless her mom seemed to be. I'm no mother, but I would not stand for the way the agent treated her if that were my daughter. Overall, it just seemed rather cruel to intentionally make Bolt believe in that alternate reality and to keep him cooped up. It just seemed sad to me.
Actually, I think there was a LOT of potential in having the director as the villain of the piece. A lot of potential that wasn't tapped at all, I think. He definitely seemed dark enough. But he was only really in that opening scene. The real villain seemed to be the agent, who I thought was funny... but there really seemed to be some Truman Show like element that could have been utilized.

I really wonder what Chris Saunders's version could have been like. let's not forget, he was one of the minds behind that wacky, wonderful Lilo and Stitch film....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Personally, I wish that Chris Sanders had not been taken off the project. I wish I could have seen his version of the film.
Yeah, that is exactly how I feel. I hear the movie is pretty good, but I think I personally would be a lot more interested in seeing it if he had done the film instead.