Displaying Kermit

karmadorje

Reaction score
Has anyone devised a way to display kermit without him bending at the knees? I've kept the kermit I plan to display in his package because I'm worried about this. If anyone has figured out a good way to keep him upright please let me know.

Thanks,

Michael

gringo

Reaction score
I have had mine standing for 2-3 weeks and have not had a problem w/ him bending over. I have his feet forming a \ /

I could take a picture, but my parents are out of town, so I can't borrow it from them.

Sorry. So it looks something like this.

___ <--- Torso
| |
| | <--- Legs
\ / <---feet

Mark

towels

Reaction score
I actually have him and Piggy sharing a base (one peg per character) with one arm around the other and it's solved my slumping Kermit problems.
Of course, that left Bunsen wearing the boa but I think that belongs more on a thread Quinn started...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
That "V" position is the proper "home" position pf the legs. Maybe that's why the figure keeps bending. People assume the figure has symmetrical, face forward feet.

Foreignman

Reaction score
An easy solution is to keep your tux-Kermit as your Kermit on display, he doesn't hunch at all.

karmadorje

Reaction score
Wow, what a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to be brave and try the V position. It would be a real shame to not display kermit. I knew that if I waited people would figure out a good way to display him.

Thanks,

Michael

GWGumby

Reaction score
I kept thinking I was the lucky one, but then I found my Kermit slumping over one morning a week or so ago. So then I tried taking one foot off the peg and bringing it forward so that it was resting on the back heel which centered his body between forward and backward angled legs. The next morning, his poor un-pegged leg was completely bent out of shape as Kermit was pitched half-way forward again. So I put the legs back on the peg, angled his feet like mentioned above, and then placed the camera next to him so that one arm rested on the ring. He's been fine ever since.