Diva Miss Piggy to appear on TV this month!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This item from Billboard.com was brought to my attention a few minutes ago:

Usher, Abdul Spin The 'Disco Ball'

Usher, Paula Abdul, Aaron Carter, Mya, and Westlife are among the artists confirmed to perform Oct. 13 at Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium for "The Disco Ball -- A 30th Anniversary Celebration." The event will be broadcast on ABC with an airdate yet to be determined.

Abdul is slated to perform Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff," while Westlife will cover the Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive," with Mya handling Vicki Sue Robinson's "Turn the Beat Around." Several disco-era acts will offer up their biggest hits, including Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive," Chic's "Le Freak," and the Village People's "YMCA."

Other acts set to appear include KC & the Sunshine Band, Thelma Houston, Irene Cara, the Pointer Sisters, Nicki French, the Spinners, the Trammps, Whoopi Goldberg, the Weather Girls' Martha Wash, and Muppets star Miss Piggy.

"We have the greatest stars of disco performing their original hits, and many of today's hottest stars singing classic disco songs," executive producer Jeff Margolis said in a statement. "There will also be an 'A-list' of celebrities introducing our performers."

Tickets to the event are available via Ticketmaster, with proceeds benefiting the AIDS Project Los Angeles.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Oh man... that's all I have to say... I think that's got to be one of the worst specials to have to sit through to see a Muppet appearance.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering who'd be the first to comment on that. ****!

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Jamie,

Is it a typo or somethng ? No Cyndi Lauper ?

I would really debate use of the word 'disco' in this show - Mya and Usher are RnB, and Aaron Carter - well he's just lost cause !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cyndi is still on tour with Cher and making her club apperances so I think she's busy at the moment. Kind of glad she's missing this wacky concert. At least we get to see Piggy and it is for a very good cause. I wonder if that Simon guy from American Idol is going to be there. The things he would say!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah even if it is a bit wacky - it's gonna be quite an outing for Eric Jacobson. Simon Cowell would be enraptured by Piggy's DIVA like qualities and sign up some sweet sweet bacon for a multi-album deal ! :stick_out_tongue:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah even if it is a bit wacky - it's gonna be quite an outing for Eric Jacobson. Simon Cowell would be enraptured by Piggy's DIVA like qualities and sign up some sweet sweet bacon for a multi-album deal ! :stick_out_tongue:
LoL....um yeah, Diva?! I mean, has anyone else heard "Never Before, Never Again"?!? Well, I guess she'll always be more Diva than Avril Laveigne...:stick_out_tongue::big_grin: :stick_out_tongue:

-Matt

Luke

Reaction score
Well she did 'Born To Be Wild' with Ozzy - thats quite a collaboration.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I wonder if Piggy will sing, I hope so !

It could be her first singing Performance, With Eric !

see ya