Do de Rubber duck

muppetlover123

Reaction score
are there any pictures or videos of behind the scenes on this scene

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
As of right now, probably not. But you never know. If an Old School Volume 4 is released, they might just include this song, and also include Behind the Scenes footage for it.

cjd874

Reaction score
Not that I know of. Have you checked Muppet Wiki's Behind the Scenes photos?

cjd874

Reaction score
There might be something there, not 100% sure. But it doesn't hurt to check.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i just did and theres nothing sadly :/ hopefully on old school volume 4 maybe

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd really like to see behind-the-scenes images or photos. Or perhaps the cast reminiscing about the making of this segment. If anybody here gets to interview any of the known performers from this, please be sure to ask about it. The only surviving performers I know of are Kevin Clash (who's no longer on the show, but hopefully that won't stop him from doing fan interviews again), Caroll Spinney (if he has behind-the-scenes home movie footage I hope it makes it to the I Am Big Bird documentary), and Martin Robinson. I wouldn't be surprised if Camille Bonora and David Rudman were in this, since they were main performers at the time despite not having main characters.

In the 40th anniversary book Bob McGrath (or maybe it was Kevin Clash... Or maybe both spoke of it, I can't remember and don't feel like checking) recalls something that happened while taping one number with lots of performers, and while it's not stated what segment it was, I would like to think it was this. He said it was a number with Jim Henson, a big set piece (which could be the bath tub), and several performers, which all add up to Do De Rubber Duck. He said that during the number a female performer (I guess he didn't want to name her) suddenly did something causing the set piece to accidently fall apart, and Jim just calmly said, "I think we can do this again". Of course, we don't know if that is or isn't this number (and Bob wasn't in this number, but that doesn't mean the cast COULDN'T have been allowed to watch Muppet inserts being taped).

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I'd really like to see behind-the-scenes images or photos. Or perhaps the cast reminiscing about the making of this segment. If anybody here gets to interview any of the known performers from this, please be sure to ask about it. The only surviving performers I know of are Kevin Clash (who's no longer on the show, but hopefully that won't stop him from doing fan interviews again), Caroll Spinney (if he has behind-the-scenes home movie footage I hope it makes it to the I Am Big Bird documentary), and Martin Robinson. I wouldn't be surprised if Camille Bonora and David Rudman were in this, since they were main performers at the time despite not having main characters.

In the 40th anniversary book Bob McGrath (or maybe it was Kevin Clash... Or maybe both spoke of it, I can't remember and don't feel like checking) recalls something that happened while taping one number with lots of performers, and while it's not stated what segment it was, I would like to think it was this. He said it was a number with Jim Henson, a big set piece (which could be the bath tub), and several performers, which all add up to Do De Rubber Duck. He said that during the number a female performer (I guess he didn't want to name her) suddenly did something causing the set piece to accidently fall apart, and Jim just calmly said, "I think we can do this again". Of course, we don't know if that is or isn't this number (and Bob wasn't in this number, but that doesn't mean the cast COULDN'T have been allowed to watch Muppet inserts being taped).

that would be really cool to hear from preformers and maybe Fran Bill might be on that insert

Bridget

Reaction score
I don't think so. Hopefully they will come out with it soon!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just read on Muppet Wiki that Noel MacNeal performed Oscar in this number. I'm a little surprised Carol Spinney wasn't there for the taping (I guess that means he doesn't have home movie footage of that that can be used in I Am Big Bird). The first non-vocal performer we hear that was involved in the number and it's for a character whose performer didn't perform anybody else in the number.

Actually Muppet Wiki also mentions that David Rudman performed Kermit in the segment, but there's a "citations needed" tag by it. Hopefully that source will be cited soon.