Do-It Yourself Doozer Constructions

Convincing John

Reaction score
This might go under another category like "Fan Art" but whatever...

I was wondering (as many of us have probably wondered over the years) how to make Doozer constructions out of interlocking plastic pieces (like from a children's building set). There have been a few attempts (I think) to make edible ones, too.

I would love to know how to create Doozer construction backdrop pieces for my plush Doozers and Sababa Fraggles: the closer to the real thing on the show, the better. I used to buy those "Construx" sets back in the 1980's, which made great Doozer constructions...except none of the pieces were transparent, just gray and blue for the connectors. :sigh: The closest thing I could think of would be to make sticks from clear Legos like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Building-Acce...=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1326874684&sr=1-1

The only problem is, you'd have to buy about 4,932 of those things and it'd take about 11 or 12 bricks stacked up to make a single Doozer stick.

If there are any hobbyists out there with ideas, I'd love to hear them. I'm almost tempted to gut some Bic pens and hot glue them together. The problem is, you'd have a sculpture. I'm aiming for pieces that can be used over and over (if they only made transparent Lincoln Logs)...

I'm also curious to see if anyone has successfully made any edible Doozer constructions. A long time ago, I asked Terry Angus about Doozer constructions and he said that the first ones were made from sugar or sugar cane. They make edible Lego-like blocks...why not Doozer sticks?

I know, they're really plastic...but still, the way the Fraggles are always stuffing their faces and the Doozers talking about how proud they are of their work, it makes Doozer constructions appetizing.

I feel the same way about steaks in cartoons. Yeah, it's ink and paint on cels...but when Fred Flinstone is eating a brontosaurus steak or Hank Hill is grilling and says "that's a good steak, I tell you what" it does look good.

Borples

Reaction score
Can't help you, but now I'm wondering why in the world they didn't make Doozer construction sets when the Fraggles were on the air. What a great toy idea! Then they could have had the little cars to roll along the Doozer roads and everything. Missed opportunities, tsk.

I've always wanted to take a chomp out of a Doozer construction too. Although how good can powdered, processed radish taste? :smirk:

thiefb0ss

Reaction score
It would be nice to have Doozer sticks but how would we make mustard flavored edible glue and radish flavored edible clear sticks?

muppetperson

Reaction score
When I bought a Dr X Doozer, it came with Doozer sticks, which are basically solid perspex rods.So that is what you would need to make a realistic Doozer construction and glue it together.