Do threads and posts ever expire?

Convincing John

Reaction score
I had a question about threads in general. Do they ever expire after a certain amount of time? I know threads get closed down for different reasons, but I was wondering if there was a certain "lifespan" for any MC post. The reason I wondered was that I think I had found the answer to a question someone had in a thread from about three years ago. I wrote down the name of the thread at the time, and when I looked for it here, I couldn't find it. I'm almost positive it wasn't from the old Delphi Forum.

Just curious.

Convincing John

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, currently threads don't expire. In rare cases a thread may be deleted, but that usually always happens when it is new.

What were you looking for? Did you post in the thread?

Convincing John

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
No, currently threads don't expire. In rare cases a thread may be deleted, but that usually always happens when it is new.

What were you looking for? Did you post in the thread?
Oh, I forgot to mention what I was looking for. Someone on the Forum (I'm not sure who) had asked if Miss Piggy had toes or not. I thought I had found the answer, but I couldn't remember which MC member had asked. The title of the thread was "Miss Piggy: Head to Toe, You Know?" I'm positive that was the thread title.

Convincing John

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It must have been the old forum (pre April 2002). I did a search for any posts with "Piggy" and "toe" and didn't come up with what you are looking for. Our search tool is very comprehensive, so it would have caught it if the post was there. Sorry.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Oh, I forgot to mention what I was looking for. Someone on the Forum (I'm not sure who) had asked if Miss Piggy had toes or not. I thought I had found the answer, but I couldn't remember which MC member had asked. The title of the thread was "Miss Piggy: Head to Toe, You Know?" I'm positive that was the thread title.

Convincing John
That Thread sounds familiar. I think it was on the old forum.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
One trick I use is when I have posted in a thread about a certain subject or know of someone who has, so I put "Piggy" in the search field, and "Vic Romano" or whoever else in the member name field. Most of the time it takes a LOT of searching, but it works. If you don't know who posted in that thread, you have it a bit harder, mainly because there are so many threads here. But Phil is right and not just hyping MC, it really does have a very thorough search engine.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
It must have been the old forum (pre April 2002). I did a search for any posts with "Piggy" and "toe" and didn't come up with what you are looking for. Our search tool is very comprehensive, so it would have caught it if the post was there. Sorry.

Thanks for answering my questions, Phil. Yeah, that thread was pretty old. I thought maybe it was after 2002, but I guess not. Thanks anyway for helping me look. :smile: BTW, did you get my message a while ago I asked through the Articles (Tributes) section? I posted it with the email used when submitting an article.

Convincing John

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Josh,

Yes, I got your e-mail and will get to making the change as soon as possible.