Do you guys remember these game shows?

mikealan

Reaction score
Do you guys remember these game shows that freak me out?

1) Say the Word-hosted by Guy Smiley. Contestants: a blue monster and a purple AM. The mouth on the title scared me and so does the blue monster yelling "STOP!" as the clock stops.

2) It starts where a blue AM construction worker named Stella is busy working, then Guy Smiley enters and they start playing the game show (which I did not recall the title) about food. Stella looks for food, then on what comes out: a talking apple, a REALLY SCARY-LOOKING and talking peanut butter and jelly sandwich with no eyes, and a talking carrot. Then at the end on what's weird is that cows enter mooing.

Do you remember these? Please let me know!

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, I remember both of them. And the one you can't think of is called "This Is Your Lunch".

mikealan

Reaction score
Speaking of "This Is Your Lunch", is this similar to "This Is Your Life" parodies??

ssetta

Reaction score
Not exactly. She's all ready to eat her lunch, and then Guy Smiley arrives and says, "Don't touch that lunch box, because THIS IS YOUR LUNCH!" And she hears voices coming out of the lunch box giving clues to what food it was, and she had to guess. So this was more of a game show.

mikealan

Reaction score
I think there are only two cows at the end of the show...one was black and the other one looks like Gladys.

mikealan

Reaction score
I don't exactly remember what Maurice Monster and some purple man Anything Muppet did on the game show, "Say the Word" game show.

What do you remember about the game show "Say the Word"?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, the word is "STOP." And the purple AM's name is Chester O'Leary. And Chester has to get Maurice to say the word "STOP" by giving clues, but Chester cannot say the word before he does. He starts by saying, "The oppisite of GO is..." and Maurice says, "Well, what's the opposite?" And Chester gives another clue. "What would you say if you saw me crossing a busy street with cars and trucks?" "Stay where you are! Don't cross the street! Watch out!" And then he says, "Are you ticklish?" And then Chester starts tickling Maurice, and that finally gets him to say the word "STOP." Then, Maurice starts tickling Chester, and then Guy Smiley!

mikealan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info of that game show, ssetta!

Now, I'm dying to see both Say the Word and This Is Your Lunch shows with game show host Guy Smiley. Where can I look for both of them?

ssetta

Reaction score
"Say The Word" was in 2 Unpaved episodes. It was in show #1836 and #2269. I think I have "This Is Your Lunch" on tape somewhere. It's funny, I just saw it this weekend on Plaza Sésamo.