Do you have any pets?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I don't know if someone posted this topic already, but I was wondering, do you have any pets? If you do, what animal are they and what are their names?

I'll go first, I have a black long-haired cat named Simon, his full name is Simon Sez. He's a year and a half old and a pretty playful cat, but very friendly to my whole family. but will pounce and bite when he gets too wound up. Luckily he never breaks the skin when he bites down.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm 95% sure we already have a thread like this.

But, at any rate, I don't have any pets anymore, but over the years, I've had:

• A goldfish named Rascal, because that's exactly what he was... I kid you not, if we tried to bring home another fish, he'd EAT them! That, and apparently he always gave my nana a hard time whenever she'd pet-sit.
  • I had a pair of bunnies named Cindy and Shirley, they were both Netherland Dwarves, Cindy was black and white, Shirley was white with pink eyes. Cindy was killed by a neighborhood dog, and a couple of months later, Shirley was EATEN by the exact same dog.
  • I had another pair of bunnies named Lucy and Desi, Lucy was albino like Shirley but was a different breed, while Desi was a gray Netherland Dwarf. Desi was probably the most affectionate pet I ever had, he LOVED being held and cuddled, while Lucy was pretty much like a precursor to Tommie. Desi died because Lucy tried to... um... and then she broke his back and it killed him instantly, then several months later, Lucy was stolen.
  • Then there was Tommie, whom almost everybody here knows about; she's also made a small number of cameos in different Steve D'Monster entries on YouTube (she even KILLS Steve in one episode).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I have a small army of cats. We've taken in a number of strays over the years. Some of them had kittens, and we find good homes for them. We keep as many as we can, giving them a better life than fending for themselves outside. Our current family is seven (yes, seven!)

Abbie, Wendy, Bonnie, Whiskers, Charlie, Harry, and Tigger.

RIP Peanut, Patches, Buddy, and Jasper
and the graduating class of 2008: Ivan, Fuzz, Sienna, Annie, and Smudge

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
My family's six-year-old tricolor Shetland Sheepdog, Skylar (she's conked out behind my chair). My mom also has a class pet, a tricolor Holland Lop rabbit named Oswald (he's had to stay at home for two years in a row, since she's had kids in her class this year and last who are allergic to fur).

Bridget

Reaction score
Yes. Just last year I adopted a cute little newborn bunny and named him Cotterpin, (yes after the cute, famous Doozer from Fraggle Rock!)

Ozymandias

Reaction score
^ LOL Dwayne!

Used to have many fish over the years, the most memorable being Flare and Firecracker, two siamese fighting fish (they're also called Betta fish). Then we got two Shi-Tzu/ Bichon / yorkie cross puppies, Sandy and Lucky. Sandy unfortunately had to be put down as a puppy because she had genetic health problems that would have made her life nasty, brutish and short, but Lucky lived and is still alive today. As I write this he is curled up by my feet. :smile:

FunnyBear

Reaction score
How about a fish, 3 birds, and a dog? Oh, and a lot of dead fish in my house's sewer