1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Do you like Disney owning the Muppets?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Disneys Muppets, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Disneys Muppets

Disneys Muppets New Member

Do you like the idea of Disney buying the Muppets.

I love it. the best thing thats ever happened. Yeah.

Disney's Muppets the best name ever.
  2. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Hey Disneys Muppets,

Some people Don't like the idea. They like Jim Henson's Muppets, Not Disney's Muppets. Muppet fans, They like Muppets, Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock to be the same company. Because they were created by Jim Henson.

I think Disney likes using Muppets, Disney's Muppets, or Disney Presents Jim Henson's Muppets. It might be one of those we don't know.
  3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

As much as i LOVE Disney & Muppets i dont really wana see that eather :concern: HEY Disneys Muppets, how come u have MY AV??!!?? :grouchy: :attitude: Grrr...
  4. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

He doesn't. The Kermit's head is in different directions.

As far as the topic goes, I think Disney buying them has many advantages, but I also wish the three main brands (Muppets, FR, and SS) were all under the same roof. One of the things about the Disney acquisition is that I wish they had purchased the Fraggle characters as well. The Fraggles are "Muppets" in every since of the word. (It was not feasible to purchase the SS characters this times because they were already owned by SW.)Unfortunately the three brands are now under three different roofs. All things considered, I think the "Muppets" have a lot of potential. But what Disney exactly plans to do with them is remained to be seen.
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet

Oops :halo: lol, SORRY Disneys Muppets MY bad :D sorry...
  6. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Don't worry about it. At first glance they do look like the same Avatar. :)
  7. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

No matter what happens they will always be Jim Hensons creations and Jim Hensons muppets no matter who owns them. Disney would have never created something as good as the muppets on there own so they shouldnt be called disneys muppets, maybe jim hensons muppets owned by disney, or something like that.
  8. Disneys Muppets

Disneys Muppets New Member

Everything Disney ownes they say like Disney's Something. When they bought Doug they named it Disney's Doug. The name of the show name became Disney's Doug. So theres a 50% chance we might or might not see Disney's Muppets.

Take a look see what Disney's Muppets would look like http://www.digitalduckpond.co.uk/images/muppets.jpg.

Who knows you might like it.
  9. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Well It looks ok but I dont like the fact that it doesnt mention Jim Henson, he needs to be mentioned somewhere there.
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

Wrong-O, look at Power Rangers... there NOT called Disneys Power Rangers, nor is the old Marvel Cartoons (ie: Spider man, X-men etc.) there NOT called Disneys eather, even tho there under Disneys owner ship. The ONLY reson it was even called Disneys Doug, so it was NOT to be confused with Nick's Doug cartoons :smirk:
  11. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

He's got a point there.
  12. Camellia

Camellia New Member

Do I like Disney owning the rights to the Muppets?

briefly :)

NO!

Sincerely & Seriously,

Camellia
  13. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

WORST POSTING EVER!:attitude:

THE MUPPETS ARE NOW AND FOR EVER WILL BE JIM HENSONS, DISNEY ONLY WISHES THAT THEY COULD BE HALF AS BRILLIANT AS JIM WAS.
  14. a_Mickey_Muppet

... Thank ya :p
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

You must be smoking some serious crack. I think you may be the only one out of thousands on here.

For me, and for *MOST** of us on here...the Muppets, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock WILL ALWAYS AND FOREVER be part of the Jim Henson Company...no corrupt German media company or the imperialist mouse can change that in our hearts.

That 'Disneys Muppets' logo made me sick to my stomach...may us pray this never happens.

I think it was the fact they bought the Muppets from JHC that really ignited our angst.

Let me ask you, what if a company bough Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck from Disney? oMG wOUlDNT tAT bE TEH bESTeST!1111

Yeah, I am pretty passionate about keeping the Muppet legacy together...but I am also wanting the Muppets to be around forever, and rise up like they haven't in some time.
  16. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

right on Beaker, i like they way u think :crazy:
  17. Camellia

Camellia New Member

A company to buy Mickey Mouse and Company

Just a suggestion: Put Mickey Mouse and Company on the Sponge Bob Show! :)
  18. a_Mickey_Muppet

Oh my gosh, I'm gonna have nightmares now. lol :p j/p
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

Right on brother. Actually i was in the Disney Store today to look at the new Muppet stuff that's invaded and it's all still marked "The Jim Henson Company" but it was all prominently displayed at the front of store.

Anyway we don't know yet but i think the fact that they created a holding company (Muppets Holding Company LLC) is a good indication that we probably won't be seeing Disney's Muppets, at least for quite some time and hopefully never.
  20. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

We can only hope.