Do you like Disney owning the Muppets?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
actually he was only setting up a office there, the main business was still going to be done in new york, seeing as it is right in themiddle of things, it was like a hub, and it would have been easier to travel from one place to the other, and keep his finger on things
Well according to "Jim Henson: The Works," he was moving his headquarters there, but I guess you could be right. Either way...

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
dito here... I love Disney & Muppets both VERY very much, but i really dont wana see *Disney's Muppets*. Like BoyRaisin2 sayed "on the merchandise, just call them "The Muppets" with the Disney logo somewhere in the corner" I can go for that too! Hey Disneys Muppets you dont see Mickey (Disney) slapping "Disney" on Power Rangers do ya or even the old Marval cartoons? :mad:

Disneys Muppets

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Hey Disneys Muppets you dont see Mickey (Disney) slapping "Disney" on Power Rangers do ya or even the old Marval cartoons? :mad:
What do you Mean?

King Jim

Reaction score
Listen Disneys Muppets. Jim Henson's Muppets name is 50 years old. Disney's Muppets would take away the value.

Disneys Muppets

Reaction score
Everyone is saying Jim Henson would be rolling around in his grave if he saw Disney's Muppets?

King Jim

Reaction score
Disneys Muppets said:
Everyone is saying Jim Henson would be rolling around in his grave if he saw Disney's Muppets?
Yup.............

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
>>Everyone is saying Jim Henson would be rolling around in his grave if he saw Disney's Muppets?<<

No one's saying that (maybe). That's not the issue. The issue is the possibility of the "Disney" name added to the Muppet logo irks some people who have a lot of respect for the legendary man and company that created them.

OR saying "What's so great about Jim Henson's Muppets, Disney's Muppets is so much better" just plain ticks many people off even if they can get used to "Disney's Muppets" or a variation of that.

Disneys Muppets

Reaction score
You guys win, I hate the name Disney's Muppets. It would make Jim upset. Well if it was Jim Hensons Muppets for Fifty Years. Then they shouldn't change it to Disney's Muppets. Disney's Muppets smells like a skunk Anyway. I guess they could call them Disney Presents Jim Hensons Muppets, Muppets or Jim Hensons Muppets Owned by Disney.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Disneys Muppets said:
You guys win, I hate the name Disney's Muppets. It would make Jim upset. Well if it was Jim Hensons Muppets for Fifty Years. Then they shouldn't change it to Disney's Muppets. Disney's Muppets smells like a skunk Anyway. I guess they could call them Disney Presents Jim Hensons Muppets, Muppets or Jim Hensons Muppets Owned by Disney.
I think any releases or products would say something like "Walt Disney Pictures Presents Jim Henson's The Muppets" or "Disney Home Entertainment Presents Jim Henson's The Muppets", similar to how Christmas Carol and Treasure Island were titled and released.

I don't think Disney will brand the whole franchise with the "Disney" title. Although the Walt Disney Corperation owns the characters and works the WDC owns many other things that they don't stick their name on. (You don't see Disney's ESPN, or Disney presents Jay & Silent Bob, Disney's The Bachlor; although they do own them). They will probally stick a logo on products, and a tag in the billing of any productions. But the "Disney" will not out power any more than the Universial, MGM, Columbia Pictures, Disney, or other production companies in the other Muppet productions and creations. Yes "Disney" will now be on Muppet Items, but they will not remove the Jim Henson from the title.

King Jim

Reaction score
Nice idea, love it. But hate the name Disney's Muppets.