Do you think Bert and Oscar are too much alike?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think they are too similar. Sometimes i wonder why they aren't teamed up more. Oscar could pull a mean prank on Bert, and Bert could get annoyed by oscar being messy.

BEAR

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
But there are just as many times when Bert happily agrees to something fun, like the "La la la..." song for example; terms like "lightbulb" and "linoleum" may not really be pretty words, but they're not quite ugly either.

Its because Bert was asking Ernie for ideas of what they can do with the letter L they had. Ernie suggests they sing a song about the letter L using all the great L words. Bert tries it out, but he is insecure at first. He comes up with "lightbulb" and "Lump in my oatmeal". He is trying to have fun, the thing is that all the words he can think of would be considered dull and boring to the rest of us. But he thinks "linolium" is the greatest word ever! I think that Bert is just emotionally insecure to do some of those silly things Ernie suggests. Like when Ernie tries to get Bert to talk on the banana to Gladys the Elephant.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Like when Ernie tries to get Bert to talk on the banana to Gladys the Elephant.
Oh I remember that vividly. I dont remeber the dialogue, but I remember the look on Bert's face. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Oh I remember that vividly. I dont remeber the dialogue, but I remember the look on Bert's face. :smile:

It was hilarious. And then Bob calls on the real phone for Bert, but Ernie tells him that Bert is too busy talking to an elephant on a banana.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I remember that one. Mainly because it was played in an episode this season. That was a good sketch.

Censored

Reaction score
It is worth noting that in the first episode, Ernie called Bert a "grouch."

"I'm NOT a GROUCH!" Bert replied. LOL

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
It is worth noting that in the first episode, Ernie called Bert a "grouch."

"I'm NOT a GROUCH!" Bert replied. LOL

Reminds me of this scene...

Telly: You are such a fun guy, Oscar.
Oscar: I am not a fun guy!!:grouchy: