1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Do you think Labyrinth 2 should be made?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by melissa, Jun 29, 2002.

1. melissa

melissa New Member

whats your opion guys :)
  2. Breezergeezer

Breezergeezer New Member

Not sure

hmmmmmmm not sure really....where would it go really....OK I working off something I hadn't seen in 8 years so help me out they were all in her bedroom dancing wouldn't they?? Maybe we could see the older people one where they are all ummm having a weed night...Noooooo Ummmm that would be funny but wouldn't be child-friendly.
  3. melissa

melissa New Member

4. I love just havin' "Labyrinth". If they made sequels, I'd be afraid it'd turn out like "The Neverending Story"---when ya shoulda just left it at one.
  5. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

All you have to do is think back to all the great sequels that were made with out any of the principal creators involved, like Return To Oz.

So my vote would have to be:
    Sequel: NO
    Action Figures: YES

somebody tell Ken to get busy:D
  6. Breezergeezer

Breezergeezer New Member

Good Sequel

Is it possible to have a good sequel at all??
  7. Re: Good Sequel

Yes, but rarely. Example: "Toy Story 2". Good 1st one, better sequel. :)

But when it comes to classic Disney animated films, NO.

:mad:
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Actually I'd have to go aganst the grain here and say YES. Not necessarily that it should be done, but I think a good sequel to Labyrinth is possible. There were so many characters there to explore that the action doesn't have to be about a Goblin King or Sarah at all! I say make a Goblin Queen this time (Cyndi Lauper would be my choice - I love her and she's not too expensive) and have a male lead - or a group of kids in this one (i.e. Goonies) or just leave them out entirely and have the conflict occur around the characters in the Labyrinth. There was so much that wasn't explored in the original film.
  9. Breezergeezer

Breezergeezer New Member

Re: Re: Good Sequel

I think you are both right as a good sequel...Aliens those bad sequel ummm House 2 not that the first one was any good.....does was it worse than Rookie??
  10. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

There's some kind of weird irony. The Neverending Story should not have a sequel. Frankly, I only saw the first one, and I thought it would er.. never end.

But I would have to say the ultimate 'never... ending... story..." (to get my context right, you would have to beat your head against the table while saying one word to each smack) would have to be the Land Before Time, part 17 or wherever they're at. I imagine they'll be arriving at the Land During Time after a few dozen movies. Or maybe the Great Gazoo will show up and try to throw in a good twist to the tired plot.
  11. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Or here's another thought. Maybe they should try sequels for bad movies.

For example, the first season of Star Trek TNG was terrible IMNSHO, but as the characters developed, the show got better, and it really rocked after a while.

Well, I think. I only became a fan after syndication. No one could ever accuse me of catching on quick. That's a big 10-4.

Markus
  12. Hey now, watch it, "Crouton"---even if I do love your name---I happen to love "The Neverending Story". :mad:
  13. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Sorry Byron. You're my friend and everything but gee-monee... :rolleyes: Granted, it's been years and years since I've seen it, and I'm trying to recall (what I spent that time trying to block out) how that movie worked.

I liked the flying dog, though he never looked real at all, even at the time. But I remember distinctly saying, "It feels like they've tried to use every universal theme in the book to get us all teary- eyed." And somehow it felt forced.

Now here's a movie that spoke to me that apparently didn't speak to many other people. "Hook," with Dustin Hoffman and Robin Williams. So if you want to take pot shots at one of my flicks for firing at yours, feel free. In fact, I didn't like how they turned the Lost Boys into a street gang, but that's it's biggest problem.

Markus
  14. radionate

radionate New Member

Jamie, that is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time. Cyndi (who is a great and funny actress) would be perfect. A truly inspired casting choice!
  15. Okay, fine...

*scratches "Captain Crouton"'s name off his "Friend" list*
  16. radionate

radionate New Member

That's got to be one mighty short list now.:D
  17. Arrrrrrrrgh!! Another insult! :mad:

I'll have you know that "friends" only disappear on here if they have deeply offended me...or warranted a boycott (but Jackie's still on it cause she's repented greatly). :)
  18. statler&waldorf

statler&waldorf New Member

NO!!!!
    A sequel would be aweful. Sure, it's possible for it to be good. But I highly doubt it would be. I kind of liked the second neverending story, but it had deteriorated form the first so much, I was afraid to watch the third (and I haven't seen it yet). Toy story 2 is one of my favorite movies ever. I think rescuers dow under was the best disney animated sequel, and the alladins were pretty good too, but other than that, they were nothing special. I could go on like this for hours, but I think I've made my point.

But I do want the figures (I mentioned that on the merchanise board).
  19. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Very well, Citizen JAMM,

Scratch my name off your list of friends, if you will. But remember that having a super hero as a buddy, is a privilege few share. :o

So if you fall three stories and break your legs, don't come.. er.. running to me. :rolleyes:
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Nate-

Glad you agree. I see Cyndi as someone with enough personality to carry off the role and (like Bowie) she writes her own music. I really don't see this even as a sequel, prequel or anything of that sort because the original Labyrinth's endind was sufficient enough. But telling another story in the same setting could be a good idea and it's already familiar with some auds. I even think that the story doesn't have to be about the "Goblin Quieen" being evil. It's possible that the confilct could be elsewhere as in the Neverending Story or other such films. Hey - a Bowie/Lauper showdown would totally kick some major butt with me! :)