Do you think the muppets should get involved with oil spill?

lds1987

Reaction score
I mean like make a commercial showing Kermit helping clean up the swamp, because we know how he loves the swamp, then it shows all the Muppets helping clean up (except Miss Piggy). Kermit asks Pepi "Where's Piggy" and Pepi says "she went to take care of the rest" Then showing Miss. Piggy going and "having a word" with the BP executives (a door with the flower thing and the sound of her doing what she does best). I know it's kind of silly or maybe even not something great but I figured I'd say it to see what others think of it....:embarrassed: I figure I may get in trouble or bashed for saying anything like that but still.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
sounds interesting at the least...but it probably wouldn't fly either actually.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I doubt the Piggy thing would be done, as funny as it'd be. Actually, it'd be even better this way.

Piggy (entering a large office, where the exec can't be seen): I would like to have some words with BP. *screams* HOW CAN YOU SCREW UP SO BADLY?

The camera cuts to the very large exec desk. It's ACTUALLY BP Richfield.

BP (dryly tapping his claws on his desk): I think you have the wrong BP. *shrugs* Of course, when I ordered out for some pork barbecue, I didn't realize they meant THAT fresh. *chuckles*

Piggy: O_O *runs back out*

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
This is to strong of an issue for them to get involved in. I wouldn't if I were someone in the Disney/Muppet office. It wouldn't be right.

dwmckim

Reaction score
There's ways the Muppets could do PSAs or fundraising ads that don't tilt into politics (the spill happened. It's a disaster. Those are facts that aren't tied to politics).

I'll say this much. I dare any Muppet fan to watch the "River of Life" episode of Fraggle Rock without thinking about the oil spill and tearing up.

Slackbot

Reaction score
When I read the thread title, the first thing I imagined using worn-out puppets to soak up the oil. Yuck.

The next thing that came to mind was how it would break Gonzo's heart to see what oil does to seabirds. (I actually had to explain to a coworker that the nasty stuff kills animals in mass quantities. He thought that it just inconveniences them by making them swim or fly somewhere that isn't contaminated. ARGH.)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It's really a shame that Dinosaurs isn't active anymore. A natural disaster caused by BP? The jokes write themselves. :stick_out_tongue:

I would imagine that if the Muppets did, it'd be like that sketch somewhere where Kermit sings about all the trash in his swamp or something.

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
Awww, the more they would "involve themselves" in the oil spill, the messier it would be. Can you even imagine all the foam and fleece and fur covered in the tar? Plus, there would be a bigger disaster waiting to happen as they would surely add in their Muppety mix of mayhem. All those frogs and bears and chickens and things would be irreparably damaged. It would be so hard being green. :concern::eek: