1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Do you want a Pepe figure in series 6?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by ResidentLilly, May 13, 2002.

?

In what series would you like to see a Pepe figure made?

Poll closed Jun 12, 2002.
  1. I want Pepe in series 6 and bump a classic character

23 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. I would rather have a classic character in series 6

35 vote(s)
    60.3%

1. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Pepe Poll

Got a question for the group. In Series 6, let us know if you would like to have a Pepe figure, despite the fact that he was not really a "Muppet Show" character. Granted, this means some of your favorites will be made AFTER Pepe, which is the purpose of this poll. To get an idea of what the preference might be.

Just give me a yay or a nay on whether you would like this. Please, lurkers, weigh in as well, I want to try to get as many responses as I can...this will let me get an idea of how many folks are into this whole feedback "thang".

Thanks,
    Ken
  2. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Well personally I don't think I'd buy one. I like Pepe well enough, he's grown on me recently, but I'd much prefer sticking to the TMS Muppets.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  3. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Ken

Oh boy! but what a tought question...hmm, well who would get bumbed from that Series they might have been there? i wouldn't do Pepe before Statler and Waldorf thought. My gut says wait and let a few more classic figs in first, because pepe would look better on the packaging with more "newer Muppets" I mean it might look funny, Pepe would be better with Rizzo, clifford, bobo and bean bunny then just to say Waldorf, marvin suggs and uncle deadly,( I know they are not correct)

But we ALL want pepe stuff and we have been waitting a long time so I say....I can't say! i want him but i can wait, and we all will if we have to.

Zack)Rowlf the, NO! Yes! no! yes! no!, i can't decide!my vote does not count unless i make up my mind in time,Dog.
  4. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I made up my mind

yes i did, and so quickly too;-)

I say(drum roll please) wait, I say wait, let other muppets out first, they have been waiting a lot longer to be made in to an action fig then Pepe, I think that is best, oh i feel like i want to change my mind again and say do him! but let dr bob and nurse pig, nurse janice and patrol bear out first, that's what i say.

Pepe will look better with rizzo out too. rizzo is an older muppet and should be let out first if not the same time.

Zack)Rowlf the, poor Rizzo thought, he didn't even get a painted Nascar, not even with Gonzo,Dog.
  5. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

YES, YES, YES

A Pepe figure would be great!

And in Series six i thought i'd have to wait till series 10and i was really worried what if the line doesn't get there.

Anyway just in case i havn't made my opinion clear i say yes a thousand times for Pepe.
  6. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

Ken-

To keep this short I will save from posting my self debate. The answer on my end is NO.
  7. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

To save you some reading, my final vote is YAY!!

I have a sneaking suspicion that I will probably be in the minority here, but I would rather see the classic characters get made BEFORE we see Pepe.

Don't get me wrong -- I love Pepe, and I want him to be made... But I would rather get all of the classics in first. I've waited 25 years to see these figures...

Of course, that opens up a discussion as to WHAT EXACTLY we mean by the classic characters.

By the times Series 6 arrives, we will have:

SERIES 1:
    Kermit, Ms. Piggy, Dr. Teeth, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker

SERIES 2:
    Gonzo, Fozzie, Floyd, Crazy Harry, Animal

SERIES 3:
    Rowlf, Scooter, Lew Zealand, Zoot, Swedish Chef

SERIES 4:
    Sam, Janice, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, First Mate Piggy

SERIES 5:
    Gonzo w/ Camilla, Beauregard, Newsman, Statler, Koozebane Kermit

That really does cover many, many of the classics. I assume that Series 6 will then have to include Waldorf (to go with Statler...) But who else is missing? For me, Vet's Hospital is a MUST!! But as most of the classics have been touched on, I guess Pepe could surface in Series 6... OKAY I AM CHANGING MY VOTE TO YAY FOR PEPE!!!

How about this for Series 6?

Nurse Piggy
    Nurse Janice
    Waldorf
    Pepe
    Playset with Rowlf as Dr. Bob

And then get back to characters like Marvin Suggs, Uncle Deadly, Pops, and Mahna Mahna in for Series 7 & 8.

Travis
  8. MM-III

MM-III New Member

I don't think a muppet introduced less than a few years ago should take precedence over classic characters. But if you ever do a movie line... then obviously, he should be in it.
  9. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Ken,

Im not too sure about this...
    Although i do love Pepe, i also love my Classic Muppets.

Who would go in his place if he DIDNT get made ?

I would definetely buy it if it was made tho !

see ay
  10. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

I am flip-flopping...

I agree with everyone that Pepe should NOT be made before the classic characters; however, as I pointed out in my earlier post, there are not that many major cassic characters left who will most likely ever achieve "figure-hood."

It's not like Palisades was proposing putting Pepe in Series 2, before Rowlf...

Furthermore, I think that Pepe could potentially ensure that the line goes a bit further. Whether we like it or not, Pepe is currently more recognizeable than -- oh say, Marvin Suggs or Uncle Deadly. So, stick Pepe in Series 6. I predict that he will sell REALLY well -- just look at the number of people CONTINUALLY asking for Pepe Merchandise. If he does well, it extends the line and ensures a 7th Series... And then you continue with the classic, more obscure characters.

Okay, I will stick with my original vote of YAY...
  11. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

It seems the populare vote is yes on Pepe but no on series 6. This is also what I'm voting for.
  12. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

Hey,
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Pepe should wait. I definitely feel that Pepe should be made, but not in series 6. The classics have been waited for for so long, I can't in good conscious ask for Pepe to made before say the Vets Hospital gang, Lips, Marvin Suggs, Uncle Deadly, Nigel, or the Bear on Patrol guys.

This is my idea. Pepe could be a playset seller. He may be our only chance at a Muppets Tonight Playset once 2002 is over. It could be Pepe and Seymour with the Control Room, for Series 8 or 9. I figure by then we should be just about out of sellable characters for the Muppet Show line. Series 8 or 9 could be:

Clifford
    Bobo in guard uniform
    Johnny Fiama
    Sal
    Pepe and Seymour in elevator outfits with Control Room Playset

This way, Pepe could be his actual height. If he's single carded he'd have to be bigger and grossly out of scale (Although Ken told me his ideas for a single carded Pepe and they sound pretty cool).
    Then later on, we could get a single carded Pepe in his hooded sweatshirt, maybe for the movie line (since I have no doubt Palisades will get the Movie rights). And of course Pepe in a too-too (sp?) is a must. In fact, they could do a Pepe in every third wave, maybe waves 9, 12, and 15.

Anyway, to make a long story short, my answer is "No", I can wait.
    -Artie
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I created a poll for Ken's Pepe question. It appears at the top of this discussion. Please answer the question so Palisades can get an idea of what you would like to see happen.

Then, post a response to this discussion and elaborate on your choice.
  14. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

I want a Pepe figure. But I want Rizzo more. Currently, Rizzo is scheduled for series 8, I believe. So, I don't want Pepe ahead of Rizzo, but I'd take Pepe ahead of some of the other classic Muppets.

Not terribly helpful, but those are my thoughts. I guess, like many of the people who have already posted, I'm flip-flopping on this one.
  15. Emmy1500

Emmy1500 New Member

No thanks. I would prefer to see all the classic characters who were actually in the original muppet show first.

thx

Cory
  16. Rufus

Rufus New Member

I thought I'd be in the minority with this, too, but I guess not...

I definitely would prefer The Muppet Show line to stick with Muppet Show characters. I think Pepe would be terribly out of place in series 6, unless the Muppet Show line is going to evolve into an all-encompassing Muppet line by series 6 (like Hasbro has done in recent years with Star Wars, featuring characters from all movies in one general line).

- R -
  17. Smig

Smig New Member

Ken;
    Why not start a SECOND Muppets line? ALternate a series with the classic MUPPET SHOW characters with a subseries of more recent characters...(Simply called "Jim Henson's Muppets") With characters like Pepe and Bobo, and maybe evem ones like Mad Monty and Clueless Morgan..Iyt Might be a good idea to consider, seeing that the muppet's new FOX series might be debuting next year, and that's gonna bring another slew of characters...

Smig
  18. The Big Don

The Big Don New Member

I too would rather the classic characters as opposed to newer characters. But I will buy any and all muppets figures.

The "Heel" Big Don
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ken

Yes, Yes, Yes!

I can easily understand everyones concerns about the inclusion of classic characters, but by the time series 6 rolls around it looks like all the big guns will have been representes except for Rizzo (and Sweetums & Robin in the Theater Playset).

Seeing how gung-ho you've been about certain obscure classic characters I have no doubt some will be included later, but I see no problem with including Pepe. He is a very important character now and it would be great to see him represented. I like the elevator idea, but I would also like to see him in plain clothes.

So to re-cap Yes, Yes, Yes!
    (as long as Rizzo, Lips, Pops and others will be coming sometime in 03)
  20. Jara19

Jara19 New Member

I want Pepe in series 6.