Doc's name

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was Doc ever mentioned by name on Fraggle Rock, outside of being listed in the closing credits? It's been a long time since I've seen Change of Address, where he revealed his real name, and I can't remember if he also mentioned his nickname (could he have said somethign like "My name is Jerome Christen, but you can call me Doc?"). I know that his name is mentioned several times in A Muppet Family Christmas.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Dumb question; did Doc ever reveal what kind of Doc he was? :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think "Doc" is just a nickname, like "Doc" from Snow White. Although I could be missing something.

I always knew his name was Doc, but oddly I don't remember how I knew that. I obviously heard it somewhere, but I don't have a clue where. And I'm pretty sure I never bothered reading the credits!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh...

1 The nickname "Doc" is often used for a more mature person who wears round clear glasses and appears to have a great knowledge on some manner of scientific field, whether technological or medicinal.
2 The names of the dwarves in Disney's Snow White were assigned to go with that specific dwarf's personality. So Doc was named because he was sort of the older wiser member of the troop, who looked after them whenever they got some sort of ache or illness.
3 The full name of Doc from Fraggle Rock in the show is Jerome Christian.
Not sure where it was revealed if in Change of Address, or in some offscreen scripts.
Hope this helps.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
After reading Muppet Wiki, it seems Doc may have had a degree in science or engineering seeing as he was an inventor. Kinda' like Doc Brown from Back to the Future. :big_grin: