Doctor Whom?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Just finished watching the new Dr Who special, Planet of the Dead, and have been hunting through spoilerific information about Tennant's finale episodes, coming up in November and December. Personally, I simply cannot wait!

I thought it was about time we had a Dr Who thread here, as I know there are a few fans here for sure. I won't spoil anything...yet...we'll have to make a decision on whether we want the thread to be rumour and spoiler based or not. Hehe.

For the record, I loved his companion in Planet of the Dead. Super fabulous.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Just finished watching the new Dr Who special, Planet of the Dead, and have been hunting through spoilerific information about Tennant's finale episodes, coming up in November and December. Personally, I simply cannot wait!

I thought it was about time we had a Dr Who thread here, as I know there are a few fans here for sure. I won't spoil anything...yet...we'll have to make a decision on whether we want the thread to be rumour and spoiler based or not. Hehe.

For the record, I loved his companion in Planet of the Dead. Super fabulous.
Hey I didn't know there were more who fans here! COOL! I couldn't find information about where you live on your profile so where do you live? Coz there's some who fans in the states but I was wondering out of interest. :wisdom:

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I haven't seen much Dr. Who, but I loved when Tom Baker played him. I remember he would stop at the most serious moments to offer someone a jelly baby!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
:eek: OMG!
I am a total 100% absolute Whovian
I have nothing wrong with that, and I am unashamed to say I LOVE DR WHO IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!
Sorry about that. But I do love, and have loved Dr Who since my grade 4 teacher got me into it (Same teacher got me into The Muppets as well).
**Random Fandom Fact**
Did you know that Queen Elizabeth II is a Dr Who fan? Same deal with the frontman of Iron Maiden; Bruce Dickinson, Writer Stephen King, George Lucas, Peter Jackson, Matt Groening and South Park Co-creator Trey Parker are all fans of the show!
:big_grin::batty:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm British, from the home of Who! (Well...technically the home of Who is destroyed...and...*cue sad orchestral music*)

I'm still not sure whether I loved the special last night, or whether it was just so-so. I don't think I understood, at first, that it was just meant to be fun and funny this episode. So I was waiting for a "defining moment" or someone to die, lol.

Fluffets

Reaction score
I'm British, from the home of Who! (Well...technically the home of Who is destroyed...and...*cue sad orchestral music*)

I'm still not sure whether I loved the special last night, or whether it was just so-so. I don't think I understood, at first, that it was just meant to be fun and funny this episode. So I was waiting for a "defining moment" or someone to die, lol.
Yeah, I've already nearly forgotten it! :embarrassed: I was quite upset when the travoid-thingy bug people died:cry:. I actually suspected one of the humans to die! Plus I don't think the doctor helped much to the bug-people. Lol I'm sounding like a 5-year old calling them bug-people! :smile: But he could of whipped out his sonic or something! He's a bit dramatic just saying "No DON'T!" or "Theres nothing I can do!" etc. I guess 1 human died though but it doesn't make up for the loss of the travoid-thingys. Plus if he showed his sonic screwdriver to the manta-ray thing it might have been too distracted to eat the bug people. Plus even if it did'nt do anything it WOULD make an annoying noise and that should drive ANYTHING crazy!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Yeah, I've already nearly forgotten it! :embarrassed: I was quite upset when the travoid-thingy bug people died:cry:. I actually suspected one of the humans to die! Plus I don't think the doctor helped much to the bug-people. Lol I'm sounding like a 5-year old calling them bug-people! :smile: But he could of whipped out his sonic or something! He's a bit dramatic just saying "No DON'T!" or "Theres nothing I can do!" etc. I guess 1 human died though but it doesn't make up for the loss of the travoid-thingys. Plus if he showed his sonic screwdriver to the manta-ray thing it might have been too distracted to eat the bug people. Plus even if it did'nt do anything it WOULD make an annoying noise and that should drive ANYTHING crazy!
I can't help but ROFL at your wording. Aarrghh! Bug-People! And a manta ray thing! Oh noes! *Runs, arms flailing; inside personal TARDIS* Up up and a-zoomy noise!

Fluffets

Reaction score
I can't help but ROFL at your wording. Aarrghh! Bug-People! And a manta ray thing! Oh noes! *Runs, arms flailing; inside personal TARDIS* Up up and a-zoomy noise!
I usually remember doctor who creatures but i forgot this time round.:stick_out_tongue:

Fluffets

Reaction score
I think I forgot the names of the aliens because I've been so distracted by muppets!
And the new episodes of Red Dwarf.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh! I've been watching this show on and off, but I think I'm quite behind, because I can't really follow what you guys are talking about. I'll have to catch up somehow!

I'll tell you guys a secret: the reason I started watching it was because I liked the theme song, and I thought, Oh that sounds kinda funky, I think I'll stick around and see what the show is about! >_<