Does anyone else here ever get this feeling?

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Iv'e been posting here for over a month now, and this really seems like a good place. People like Bear and Daffyfan really seem compashionate and understanding. I figure this General Discussion section would be a good place to talk about this problem I have and to see if any other single people feel similar. Well I'm 24 years old, and in less than 6 months I'll be 25 and I'm still single and don't have a girlfriend, and I'm not even dating anybody. For some reason the area I live in it seems like just about EVERYBODY is hooked up with somebody. I feel like I'm the only single person around and I often feel rather strange about it, and I think that other people might think I'm strange since so many people here are couples. I feel like that old game they used to play on Sesame Street One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong. I get really lonely sometimes. I sometimes wonder if I'm always going to be by myself. I used to be able to look past all this and just put on a big smile and let myself know that one day all this will change. But lately I haven't been feeling this way. Iv'e been feeling really sad and depressed. It seems like all day long all I see is guys with their girlfriends, kissing, holding each other, and having fun. And I'm just me and only me all by myself. I know I shouldn't be dumping my personal problems on all of you, because it's really not anyone else's problem, but I was just hoping for mabye some kind words or advice from some of the people here, and also I wondered if anyone else ever feels this way too. :frown:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I'm sure there's gotta be others where you live that are single unless you live in a very small town were i seems that way. don't have anyone myself and don't feel odd about it at all.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i know it has a bad stigma but i meet alot of nice women on internet dating sites. i as i hjave said numorous times here dated like 80-100 women i 6-9 months it was a while ago. but i eventully meet my wife

F

furryredmonster

If it makes you feel better I am not dating anyone :big_grin:

F

furryredmonster

Wich thats how it should be.... for quite some time now :big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
If it makes you feel better I am not dating anyone :big_grin:
There's no pressure on you to date, Furryred. You are 13 for crying out loud! lol. Its okay. And it is okay for you too, Booberfraggle. I am sure you will find someone. You are still so young. Don't feel so rushed. I understand the frustration, but I am sure there is someone out there you can date, even if it isn't officially a "date" at first. Go out as friends. In groups if you need to. It will take pressure off as you ease into something else. Put yourself out there. I wish I knew more about you as it would be easier to help. Sorry. I do have faith in you though. You're a great guy.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Well, dude I can relate. I feel like an oddball at school, wearing a polo or striped shirt and pants. ( the 'skater' type-long nylon-polyester type) Well, the thing that peeves me is that I'm constantly being picked out and not just annoyed by someone. I am publicly humiliated. I cant stand it. They say rumors about me that is not true. And at times I feel like I need a girlfriend but I dont have one and feel so alone. I'm sorry you dont have a girlfriend but I do wish you will find one and you'll be happy! :smile:

Your bud,
Nick

Ziffel

Reaction score
I certainly know all about that feeling too, BooberFragless. I've seen plenty of movies by myself where everyone else in the theater is a couple. At weddings and other family get togethers it's often I'm the only one that doesn't have somebody. And one of the reasons I didn't go to my 20th high school reunion this past summer is because of embarrassment at having to tell everyone I'm still single and not even seeing anyone whereas they would probably all have someone. But actually, I'm sure there would be some others that are single too. There's more out there then we realize sometimes. It helps to remember that God has his good timing for everything including mates. I've heard of good examples of people who didn't get married until even older than me and ended up happily married. If it is also a big desire for you to have a relationship, pray about it too. Psalm 37:4 says "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." And I don't know if you are like me, BooberFragless, in tending to be afraid of asking girls out because of possible rejection. I usually always play it safe and don't make a move unless I've gotten very clear vibes and feedback that she will say yes. The problem with that is it makes it much less likely to get dates. Most women still like it better for a man to ask them out. One guy once told me, "You can get dates. But you got to get out more. You gotta take more chances in asking girls out. And sometimes you'll get a no but so what? Just keep trying." And that's always been a hard part for me. Being able to just think, "so what?" at a rejection. Part of my struggle with high sensitivity.
You've probably heard people say, "Someone will come along. Hang in there. It'll happen for you." That may seem hard to believe when feeling discouraged, but it really is true. Keep the faith. And enjoy life's many other blessings in the meantime. Thanks for sharing. I can definitely relate to you. :smile:

superfan

Reaction score
You know what's funny...kind of...is that when you're with someone, you have moments where you wish you were single again, and when you're single you wish you had someone.

ENJOY being single. Honestly. Take time to get to know yourself, develop your own being as an individual. Enjoy the fact that you have the freedom to go where you want when you want. Take comfort in the fact that when you finally do meet someone, you'll know what YOU want. It won't be out of desperation or "Well, noone else wants me, so..." Be good to yourself FIRST.

I've been married 6 years (this November) and yes, there are times I wish I was single again! I love my hubby and adore my daughter to no end, but sometimes I don't want to be JUST the wife. I want to be myself. I sometimes wish I had the opportunity and the maturity to do that before getting married.

Sorry to ramble. I wish you nothing but the best, of course and hope that whoever DOES come along treats you the way you deserve to be treated.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I haven't dated in over 10 years,working hard & because I like being alone,not loneliness.:zany: My last long-term relationship was over 18 years ago.