1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Does anyone have a Kermit head pattern?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Kuriboh Man, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Kuriboh Man Active Member

I am in a Pickle about making a new Version of Larry.:confused: I'm trying to make his head somewhat similar to Kermit's. I need like a Pattern or a sketch of his head in a side view. can you guys help me out please? :cry:
  2. staceyrebecca Member

is the glorified sock puppet similar to kermit's head? (from project puppet)
  3. There's the plush kermit pattern you could use/modify.
    Have at thee.
  4. Kuriboh Man Active Member

Thanks guys! :) :super:
  5. LeanneFuller Active Member

Do you have the rest of that pattern at all?

Would be nice to make a few for Christmas.

Leanne
    x
  6. Buck-Beaver Active Member

That's just a pattern from a toy Kermit that was taken apart. If you buy the Project Puppet Sock Puppet Pattern (which is very similar) it's a complete pattern and only about $20.
  7. Blink Member

Project puppet also has (now) an optional body pattern, that is much like Kermit's.
  8. Buck-Beaver Active Member

Actually, I don't think they are. I'm pretty sure they pre-date the Kermit replica and they were taken from a plush toy Kermit. I think that head pattern has been floating around for at least 7 or 8 years.
  9. Melonpool Member

If I remember correctly, they're a deconstructed Fisher Price Kermit puppet from The Muppet Show years (around 1978).
  10. You guys mean the one I posted, not the one freddyfrills posted. Cause it sure looks like a dissassembled master replicas kermit to me in the fulll photo.
  11. Kuriboh Man Active Member

Thanks for your Help. :)
  12. Cal Monster New Member

I have the same problem and i would like to know how should I size that pattern? What size should I make it.
  13. pashmonster Member

Using the MR kermit pattern i used the indentation on the head to scale up. A pingpong ball is usually 38mm dia and i used that to scale up.
  14. Edradour Member

I used the optional body & GSP pattern for this guy:

With a modified head, he'd be a dead ringer for Kermit.
  15. Cal Monster New Member

sorry but i dont understand very well what you said. And what pattern was the master replica one?
  16. pashmonster Member

The master replica kermit that has been dismanteld on the web has the indentaion on the head peices where the eyes were attached. Kermits eyes are 38mm wide so taking that measurement into mind you can print out the pic and blow up the pic on a photcopier until the circle on the pic matches 38mm then use that to scale up the rest.
  17. Cal Monster New Member

oh thank you! now i understand! Thanks a million!
  18. Cal Monster New Member

19. GregoryGruesome New Member

I'm currently working on making a pattern from the MR disassembled photo. Should have something for you guys in about a day or so, if anyone is interested.
    callmemilo likes this.