Does anyone remember a Fraggle songs video?

BabyBeanBunny

Reaction score
In the darkest recesses of my mind, rests a memory that I cannot shake, and I wish I could relive it.

My father was once very active in renting movies for us kids, and those movies that he rented the most for us, he would get the audio for it and put it on an audio tape (back in the days when Beta was a common household appliance). One of my all time favorite tapes was from Fraggle Rock, and the most unfortunate thing was that the audio tape fell apart (it used to calm me down). Now I'm trying to find that same song set and I'm not sure I can.

This video was hosted by Uncle Travelling Matt, and had all the very best songs on it. I can't remember what it was called, and I know that on the tape to tell us what was on it was Fraggle Rock. I would really appreciate any info on it, and or if anyone could tell me if it is still in circulation or what. It's very special to me (as all Fraggle Rock memories are).

Thank you so very much!

Ilona (BabyBeanBunny)

BabyBeanBunny

Reaction score
Avalon said:
Since you mentioned Beta, I'm assuming that it's Fraggle Songs - Volume 1.

Coincidentally (or not :excited: ), there are two NTSC copies of this on auction at eBay.
OMG! That is it! :excited: Unfortunately I'm broke at this moment, but now i know what to look for! Yay! Thanks so much Avalon!

Ilona (BabyBeanBunny)

anathema

Reaction score
It was released on VHS, Betamax, laserdisc and CED formats. The VHS is fairly common; the others are not!

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I have the video converted to VCD (Video-CD...should play on most recent DVD players) and the quality is an easy 8 out of 10. Sound is mono, as I believe the original was, but sound quality is 9 out of 10. I don't have the original anymore, but I can copy the disc.

eric

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I think I know what happened. The VHS was not in Hi-Fi Stereo. This was not a popular option in 1983. It was in Linear Stereo. My more modern VCR (that I had when I transferred the tape) had only the options of Hi-Fi, or mono audio. I have a much better VCR now from the late 80's that would've solved that, but now I don't have the tape!

Sheesh!

eric

anathema

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
I think I know what happened. The VHS was not in Hi-Fi Stereo. This was not a popular option in 1983. It was in Linear Stereo. My more modern VCR (that I had when I transferred the tape) had only the options of Hi-Fi, or mono audio. I have a much better VCR now from the late 80's that would've solved that, but now I don't have the tape!

Sheesh!

eric
My VHS has both tracks. The hifi bands are misbalanced towards the left, but they're definitely present.