1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Does cooking a milk product destroy the lactose?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by teenintosesame, Nov 26, 2004.

1. I was wondering-does cooking a milk product make the food easier for the lactose intolerant to digest?
  2. Beebers

Beebers New Member

No. Lactose is a sugar, actually two sugars, and cooking has no effect on them whatsoever.
  3. You mean people with lactose intolerance still have to check ingredient labels for everything they eat?
  4. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Your Right!
  5. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

it depends on the severity...most people can have anything besides your traditional dairy product (ice cream, cheese, milk, etc..) but something like a brownie would be fine. (as long as you don't eat the whole pan...and then you've got more than one problem)
  6. Are there instances of lactose intolerance in which the person cannot have butter or yogurt?
  7. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I used to have quite bad lactose intolerance. I seem to have grown out of it now which seems strange. It used to happen mainy if I had a big milkshake, or if I had ice cream ontop of a big meal or any milk after a big meal. I havent had any problems with that for ages now though. I never had to have special milk products or anything, except when I was a baby. I just had to know when not to have milk. and not to have too much of it.