1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Does Kermit the Frog fit in The Muppets 2015 show?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Willard321, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Willard321

Willard321 New Member

I have heard from many a source that there is no room for Kermit on a modern adult themed Muppet show. Do you agree or disagree?

2. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

As much as the other Muppets do.

Muppy likes this.
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

YES he needs to stay!!!! It would not be the same without Kermit.

Muppy and Duke Remington like this.
  4. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

Of course! We need and love Kermit! Just like Miss Piggy!:flirt::flirt:

Muppy and Duke Remington like this.
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I don't even see why this is even a question.

6. Willard321

Willard321 New Member

I've just heard some people say that Kermit is too old school to relate to a modern era, and that miss piggy fits in the modern era better as the main Muppet. I was just asking for an opinion, I think I got my answer!:)

7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

No worries! But did these sources give some specifics?

8. Willard321

Willard321 New Member

"Perhaps in 21st-century society, filled as it is with Kardashian selfies and Cyrus self-promotion, there really isn't a realistic place for a guy like Kermit. Piggy is the ethos of the age. Loud is good. Brash is better. And Kermit, having never been either, is a 21st-century nothing."

This is pretty specific :)

9. Willard321

Willard321 New Member

Not my words :)

10. Iscah

Iscah Active Member

Perhaps you could provide a source for that quote...?

Anyway, Kermit isn't the one hosting his own talk show, Piggy is. He's working quietly behind the scenes, except someone decided to make a documentary about him doing that...

And out in the real world? He's still a celebrity. Not a huge celebrity, but neither is Piggy.

Duke Remington likes this.
  11. Willard321

Willard321 New Member

So are you saying you agree? That outside of the behind the scenes, Kermit doesn't really fit?

Also here's my source
    http://www.pluggedin.com/tv-reviews/the-muppets-abc-2015

12. Willard321

Willard321 New Member

13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

This one I think sums up the new show pretty well. Like I said elsewhere, it feels like the writers think Kermit needed to be "fixed" in some way. When, if anything, they've taken away what made him a strong leader. Thanks for sharing, Willard!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  14. Willard321

Willard321 New Member

No problem, heralde :)

heralde likes this.