Does Lucasfilms own The Star Wars Holiday Special?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is The Star Wars Holiday Special owned by Lucasfilms or another company? I have read that George Lucas wasn't involved with this special, so i wonder if Star Wars was licensed to another company.

jediX

Reaction score
And that's for a perfectly good reason. Believe me. You try watching Bea Arthur (from "Golden Girls") sing to aliens.

And you honestly do not want to watch 15 straight minutes of Wookiees walking around, grunting at each other.

Or Chewie's creepy father watching some...uh... "inappropriate" movies.

Or, even more scary, Carrie Fisher singing a song about a Wookiee holiday to the Star Wars main theme.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Is The Star Wars Holiday Special owned by Lucasfilms or another company?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*takes deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry. But really, what doesn't that guy own?!?

:crazy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think Gorge Lucas said that if he had a hammer and the time that he would get rid of every copy of that special. That's how much he likes it. But it's digital now, so there is not getting rid if it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just saw some of that recently...wow...lol.

Though, I sort of wish the prequels would be erased more. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'd also rather see his changes to the original Star Wars movies be erased. :wink:

yetiman

Reaction score
Chewie's son's name in that special is "Lumpawarrump," which is pretty goofy.

On a side note, has anyone seen the Chewbacca and Darth Maul puppets on the Project Puppet gallery page? I don't know who did them, but they're awesome!

Darth Maul link here.

Chewbacca link here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I only saw a portion of the cartoon segment online. I gotta admit, it was a good try (the cartoon that is)... not anything super special, but mildly enjoyable.

Funny thing is, despite the fact that Lucas wants to exponge the world of every single copy of it, they at least acknowledge it in an interesting way...

Apparently, there was a Boba Fett Bobblehead variant that was colored like his appearance in the Holiday special's animated segment. And it was an intentional variant (it's clearly labeled)...

Anyway, I think This is a far worse Christmas special... I mean, with the Star Wars one they at least bothered to hire the same people.