Dog update (read "Sorry I haven't been around"

Katzi428

Reaction score
We boarded Corky (my dog) at the vet while we were in New York.She was really sick & the vet said three of her teeth needed to be extracted.So my mother picked her up yesterday,but she (Corky) didn't seem like her old self. Plus she wouldn't eat or drink (making it impossible for her to take her antibiotics)My mother took her back to the vet this morning,and it turns out she has something called Addison's Disease:frown: It has to do with the liver & kidneys.
My mother & I are annoyed with the vet because she didn't notice this in the first place.But a different vet saw Corky this morning & noticed it.
Poor girl.:cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that Kathy. I sure hope Corky will be okay. It's no fun when apet is sick, it was a nightmare for me when Tommie got sick a couple of years ago.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh, that's too bad! I'll continue to pray for you and your dog Kathy. I know you're going to take really good care of her, she's lucky to have an owner like you.

Katzi428

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that Kathy. I sure hope Corky will be okay. It's no fun when apet is sick, it was a nightmare for me when Tommie got sick a couple of years ago.
Thanks Snowthy.I just feel so bad for her!I wish animals could talk.This way they can tell us what's wrong.

Katzi428

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Oh, that's too bad! I'll continue to pray for you and your dog Kathy. I know you're going to take really good care of her, she's lucky to have an owner like you.
Thanks Beth...I feel so guilty though. When she went to the bathroom in my room the other day,I yelled at her & gave her a (light) smack on the butt. I wish I had known she was sick & didn't mean to do anything on there.:cry: :cry:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I am sorry for what happend to your dog and I hope she gets better.:sympathy:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Aww, I didn't know you had a dog Kathy, but I hope she feels better soon. Is there a cure, or at least a good treatment? How old is she?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm sorry about this Kathy. Don't be too mad with the Vet. We all make mistakes I just hope it was a genuine mistake of course. And I pray your dog gets the correct treatment she really needs now.