Dolls

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Alexander, I just happened to check out your site before you posted. (I love looking at everybody's profiles by the way!) Your dolls are beautiful! I do have a lot of questions though. First, are they really dolls? Or would they more appropriately be called Marionettes? Second, do you make them all by yourself? Do you make them for entertaining or just for yourself? And do you sell them?

I recognize a few of the characters, such as Woody Allen and Pinnochio and Gepetto (sp?). But what are some of the other characters? Oh, and last question, I promise :smile: ... Is there any way to zoom in on the pictures so we can check out more of the detail?

Ok, that's it... I think. At least for now. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, great stuff man!

What do you make the heads out of, and can you get some bigger pictures to show up?

Would love to see that kewl stuff in detail!

FOZ

Thanks for sharing by the way!

alexander

Reaction score
Hello FOZ,

Thank you for reply and visiting my site . I was browsing your web site and found it is very informative and interesting.
I am using a various materials for making heads and other accessories, mainly there are air-hardening modelling materials [ "DAS" , "Woodplast" ets] , polymer clay [ "FIMO","CERNIT" ets] and Papier Mache Method.
My choice of particular material strongly depends on kind of order : marionette for theatrical performance differs greatly from doll I'll be placing in gallery for sale, some people ask for portrait marionettes, I do this too and it's different kind of work.

The web site... You know I just started this, meaning the site is under development and I'm not the one who's developing. I've got so busy with doll making, I don't have any time for it. Large images will be available for viewing very soon I believe, so I really appreciate if you'll find time to visit site again, there will be more photos as well.

Thanks again for responding and noticing my work. I'll be more than glad to keep in touch with you.

Sincerely,

Alexander

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Great stuff, man!

Thanks for responding with the materials list you got goin there!

later,
FOZ