Don't Ask Me Why But..................

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i'm working on a list of canadian kids shows. not just puppet shows, like the thread on the puppetry board. i guess i'd like to make a video or something. here's what i have (most of these i learned about from u guys)

------- = i need more info bout the show

1) Today's Special
2) Under The Umbrella Tree
3) Mr. Dressup
4) Polka Dot Door
5) Marie-Soleil
6) Sharon Lois & Brams Elephant Show
7) Sesame Park
8) Readalong
9) Fred Pennar's Place
10) Groundling Marsh
11) Take Part
12) Telle-Tale-Town
13) Postman Pat
14) Size Small
15) Passe Partout -------
16) Jeremy The Bear
17) Tickle On The Tum -------
18) Paddington Bear
19) Fraggle Rock

and then this other one that i can't remember the name of, it was a reading show and it had one puppet that sort of resembled Ernie, but he had an orange nose, and he would wear a backwards baseball hat and a burgundy satin baseball jacket. if anyone remembers it, please tell me the name!

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I think that show was Storytime, and it was an American show...or am I thinking of something else?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
actually, ur right. (well, the show is Kino's Storytime). but i was wrong, the puppet wasnt orange. any more shows that i forgot?

beaker

Reaction score
Oddly enuff we used to get Today's Special here(the New York early 80's department store with the forgetful jones wannabe, rhyming mouse, and black lady right?)

Btw, I wonder what would happen if Basil from Canadian Sesame Street got into a fight with the Basil from the hit UK show?

anathema

Reaction score
There's a ton of information available here:

http://tv.cream.org/

'Tickle On The Tum' was a Granada production IIRC (a friend of mine used to work there), from the early 80's, and starred Ralph 'Streets of London' McTell. Somewhere about I've got an outtakes reel featuring (amongst others) Billy Connolly, who's disgusted that he's been reduced to working in childrens TV :smile:

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Oddly enuff we used to get Today's Special here(the New York early 80's department store with the forgetful jones wannabe, rhyming mouse, and black lady right?)

Btw, I wonder what would happen if Basil from Canadian Sesame Street got into a fight with the Basil from the hit UK show?
Forgetful Jones wannabe? u mean Sam? i guess he kinda reminds me of Forgetful Jones and i can imagine him being played by Richard Hunt.

and i've heard of the basil from the uk tv show. i remember on google.com i was looking up "Basil Bear" under IMAGES, and there was a few of the canadian basil ,and a bunch of the UK one, and i was ******

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Under the Umbrella Tree was CANADIAN???? All the more reason for me to love Canada! (Eh?)

CB Boy

Reaction score
Other Canadians shows you missed were:

- Fraggle Rock (it's true!)
- Thomas The Tank Engine (Canada/US)
- Bookmice
- Ruffus The Dog
- Panda Bear Daycare
- Amigo & Me
- Big Comfy Couch
- Noddy (Canada/England)
- Groundling Marsh
- Dudley The Dragon
- Eric's World

CB Boy

Reaction score
Oops, I forgot two of my faves - Nana'lan (on Nick or Nick Jr. in the US) and "The Family Xperiment" (on Family Channel Canada). A new show called "Micheal's Island" (Nick again) just wrapped here I heard and there are few more shows in production me thinks.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Actually, I think he got Read-A-Long, Fraggle and Groundling Marsh, but there's also (in no particular order):

- Kitty Cats
- Piff, Pauf, Poof!
- Professor Iris
- Little Star
- St. Bear's Doll Hospital
- Blizzard Island (created by frequent MC poster Terry Angus!)
- Cailou (sp?)
- Backyard Bug Adventures
- Fuzzpaws
- Land O' Hands
- The Bittles
- Wimsy's House
- The Longhouse Tales
- Uncle Chichimus
- "Puppets Who Kill" (adult)
- "Internet Slutts" (adult also)
- "Ned" (adult - shorts on the comedy network)
- "Hunter Vs. Deer" (adult - shorts on the comedy network)
- "The World's Angriest Puppet Show" (adult)*

*My company produced three episodes but they never aired so it doesn't technically count.

Whew! Have we miss any now?