1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Dont Hold Me Up" Video

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by pjspuppets, Feb 6, 2007.

1. pjspuppets New Member

My son and his friends at college made this cool video with puppets. Check it out at .

Pat
  2. WOW! that was excellent! The puppets look really awesome :)
  3. Giar Fraggle Member

Puppet music video + puppets playing guitar + puppets interacting with humans + 2 t. baking soda = GENIUS! PURE GENIUS! Those guys are so awesome for doing this!

By the way, would you happen to know where they got the puppet-sized guitars?
  4. Punch'n'Judy New Member

Monitors may have helped though.
  5. pjspuppets New Member

musical instruments

The drums and guitars came from www.onewaystreet.com.

Yeah, monitors would've been great... maybe when that publisher's clearing house check comes through... :)

Thanks for the positive feedback folks...

Pat
  6. Punch'n'Judy New Member

Sorry meant to sound quite so rude. Was on the phone at the time, rather distracted, just meant that they would have helped with positioning of the puppets in relation to the puppeteers heads/arms! Monitors aren't that expensive though.

J
  7. Buck-Beaver Active Member

Actually, you don't have to spend much for monitors...Commodore monitors (from the Commodore Amiga or Commodore 64) can often be found used for as little as $5 or $10 if you keep your eyes out for them.

Great video!
  8. pjspuppets New Member

monitors

Thanks for the suggestion about the monitors. I'll pass it on to the guys.
  9. Fozzie Bear Moderator

That's great! Good work.
  10. Nick New Member

Wow! i sent the link to my whole puppetry class! Your son sis an awesome job...
  11. Giar Fraggle Member

Thanks for the link! My lifelong dilemma has been solved! I'm freeeeeee!!

(Am I being too dramatic?)
  12. Nick New Member

That was supposed to say did not sis! Musta been a phantom typo! lol!
  13. pjspuppets New Member

puppetry class?

Nick, what kind of puppetry class are you taking?

Pat
  14. Nick New Member

I go to The university of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and this semester they added a puppetry class to the Theatre BA track. It is really a general course taught by Kurt Hartwig (who is a puppeteer and artist).

We cover the beginings of puppetry and just a general overview. We have to do one paper, which consists of research on a project, then we have to do a second paper which is more in depth of the first one, next is a form of mock up... either drawing or 3 dimension and then finally either a full made puppet, or an 8-10 page paper.... 99% of the class opted for making a puppet! :excited:

I used to make puppets and do shows as a kid, then when I was around 19 or so I was given a reality check and told I needed to get a job or go to school etc. I opted for the job route... and basically the puppets got put on hold. Now, a dozen or so years later, after working and touring with 3 Broadway shows, I am back in school. I thirtysomething sophomore! WOOHOO! So I saw this class offered and took it... Before school even started, I saw a show where the person was a puppeteer and she was asked why she chose puppetry, her response was "It chose her", well... it looks as if the puppets have come to haunt me, because I have been chosen.

I am now considering a transfer to UConn in a year, once all my GER credits are complete, mainly so that I can focus on the BFA in puppetry... all this depends of course, on my applying and getting accepted. So now, I will look for some place to get some practical work over the next year, and I will be making puppets, puppets and more puppets in my spare time, just to get the experience. And with all the tips from MC and input of the masters here on the boards, I have no doubt that I will be sweeping foam up in a workshop someplace in the near future! :)

(please don't think that smug... I am very sarcastic, and I know that anyplace I start, I will be starting near the bottom... I don't expect to be hired and then be performing starring roles in my first show!) ;)
  15. pjspuppets New Member

puppet class

Nick,

That's so cool! Good luck to you and have fun! (especially with that foam-sweeping :)

Pat
  16. pjspuppets New Member

17. Sad Sad Monster New Member

very nicely done, give your son a high five for me.