1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Don't You Forget About Me

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by WhiteRabbit, Apr 24, 2008.

1. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Hiya MCers! I've finally decided to get the guts to post this fanfic because it's been at the back of my mind for a while now. *coughfiveminutesactuallycough* But anyway, like most will know from the title, it's going to be a parody of The Breakfast Club (but with some of the more suggestive themes altered for the sake of Jim Henson). I know the cast is way off (the EM starring) than what would probably be assumed but don't worry. ;) That's what cameos are for.

...It was either this or Hedwig and the Angry Inch, okay? XD

CAST
    Bender (A rebel): Floyd
    Claire (A princess): Janice
    Brian (A "geek"): Scooter
    Andy (A jock): Dr. Teeth
    Allison--I mean, Alex (A basketcase): Zoot
    The Principal: Sam the Eagle
    Janitor: Animal (He ate George just so he could get a role. XP)

CAMEOS
    Kermit
    Miss Piggy (Out for revenge for not getting the part of Claire. )
    Gonzo
    Bunsen
    Beaker
    Molly Ringwald
    Judd Nelson
    Ally Sheedy
    Anthony Michael-Hall
    Emilio Estevez
    ElectricMayhem1 likes this.
  2. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

LOL! Great cast, Ailie! I like how Piggy is going to cameo, and probably be all upset because she didn't get to be the "princess." I look forward to more!:)
  3. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

:0 GO RABBIT!
    *Does a horrifying booty dance* <3
    XP

;) This is sooo cool!
    Please update! <3
  4. WhiteRabbit

:confused: *gawks at Claudia* Again! XD Thankses, ya both.

Chapter/Scene 1: A small group of cars are pulling up to an average looking highschool. The infamous Simple Mind's song (which also happens to be the title of the fic) is playing in the backround as Scooter's voice seems to appear out of nowhere...

Scooter: Saturday...March 24, 1984. Shermer High School, Shermer, Illinois. 60062. Dear Sa--I mean, Mr. Vernon...we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was that we did wrong, what we did was wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write this essay telling you who we think we are, what do you care?

Fozzie's voice: *joining Scooter's* This is the one where the kid cuts school right? Or the one where Tom Cruise dances in his--

Kermit's voice: *in a hushed whisper* Fozzie, shhh! This has to go in one take...

Scooter: Like I was saying, You see us as you want to see us...in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions.

Sam's voice: Simplest, hmmph. You can say that again.

Scooter: Do you want to do this on your own?

Sam: Proceed, my young American adolescent.

Scooter: You see us as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at seven o'clock this morning. We were brainwashed...

The scene cuts to Janice sitting in a car with Judd Nelson playing her father.

Janice: Like, I can't believe you can't get me out of this...

Judd: What, detention?

Janice: No, this movie. Fer sure.

Judd: Look, honey, ditching to class to go shopping is no excuse to--

Janice: Whatever...I hope you're happy. *glances over her shoulder nervously before stepping out of the car*

Scene cuts to Scooter in the car with Ally Sheedy playing his mother.

Ally: Is this the first time or the last time we do this?

Scooter: The movie? Probably both.

Ally: Speak for yourself. Look, figure out a way to sit there and do nothing, okay? I don't want any more calls home, young man. Do you understand?

Scooter: *sighs* Yes, Mom.

Scene cuts to Emilio Estevez's car.

Emilio: Oh, man, wait until you have to explain your reason for being in detention to the others. Talk about a nightmare.

Dr. Teeth: *shudder* Do I really have to wear this, er, Dad? *stares at his jacket and shakes his head*

Emilio: Hey, what have I been telling you? We athletes have full time confidence in both appearance and performance--weakness is not an option, now get in there! Hustle! *blows a whistle*

Dr. Teeth: *yanks open the car door and sprints out*

Floyd: *striding up the school, humming the backround music to himself* *is nearly ran over by Dr. Teeth and a car pulling up*

Zoot: *is thrown out of the car as it speeds away*

The scene changes to the school library. There are six tables in two rows of three and Janice is sitting at the first one. Scooter comes in after her and takes a seat in the one behind. Dr. Teeth rushes in and collapses onto the seat next to
    Janice.

Janice: *makes a face and scoots her chair away from him*

Miss Piggy: *watching Janice from behind a book shelf* You'll pay dearly for taking my role, missy! *ducks out of sight*

Floyd: *touches and messes up everything as he walks in and sits across the row from Scooter*

Scooter: *gulps*

Zoot: *shuffles to the furthest table back and stares at everybody with fascination*

Floyd: *tries to ignore Zoot's surveying and throws a pencil across the room*

Sam: *enters as the pencil hits the wall behind him* Why, you uncivilized little-- *clears his throat* Well--well. Here we are...I want to congradulate you for being on time...

Janice: *raises her hand*

Sam: What is it?

Janice: Like, excuse me, sir? I think there's been a mistake. I know it's detention but um...I don't rully think I belong here.

Sam: *ignores her* You have exactly 8 hours and 54 minutes to think about why you're here. To ponder the error of your ways.

Scooter: I haven't done anything wrong! It's the author's fault...

Sam: Zip it, young man. You may not talk...and you will not move from these seats. And you... *makes his way over to Zoot* will not sleep!

Zoot: O_O I'll die.

Sam: Then so be it. I want to try something different today and--Andy, put it away now! This isn't the time, nor the place to break out into song!

Dr. Teeth: *shoves his keyboard back under the table* Sorry, Mr. Vernon.

Sam: Anyway, you all will be writing an essay in no less than 12,144,098 words about who you think you are and if you can make it in the real world. *snorts* My office--is right over there. Any monkey business is ill-advised. Any questions?

Floyd: Yeah, I got a question. Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?

Dr. Teeth and Scooter: *whispering in unison* Oh, no, he di--int!

Sam: Ahem. I'll give you the answer to that question, Mr. Bender. Next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull, young man...or you'll get the horns. *exits the room*

Floyd: What a square....
    ElectricMayhem1 and newsmanfan like this.
  5. BeakerSqueedom

HAHAHAHA! TOM!

xP Dude, only in judgement day will Zoot stop sleeping!

I giggled through this whole chapter.
    MOREEE! <3

LOL!
  6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Has never seen The Breakfast Club... *Is intrigued by what Rabbit means by "more suggestive". *Laughs and applauds the first collection of scenes. *Wants more posted!
  7. WhiteRabbit

Thanks for the nice feedback, you guys! I appreciate it. <3

It's a great movie, Count, I definitely recommend it! It's a little raunchy with the language and some subjects, being about high school and stuff, but it's easy to tone down. ;)
  8. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

LOL! Great stuff, Ailie! I love the in-jokes, and Fozzie's interruption...confusing Breakfast Club with Ferris Bueller and Risky Business...muwahahaha!

And Sam as the principal...perfect casting!

Keep it up!:D
  9. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen The Breakfast Club, either. But who cares? This story's hilarious! Hope you update soon!

~ AnimatedC
  10. WhiteRabbit

XD Thanks, Tony and Animated!

Chapter/Scene 2: The six highschoolers are still in the library halfheartedly trying to find something to do with all their spare time. Janice drums her fingers on the table while Dr. Teeth messes around with the zipper on his jacket. Floyd is tearing a page out of a book. Scooter is trying to work on his essay and Zoot is biting his nails. The rest all look over at him.

Floyd: You keep eating your hand and you're not going to be hungry for lunch.

Zoot: *spits part of his nail at Floyd*

Floyd: I've seen you before, you know...

Sam: *looks out from his office, sternly*

All: *wave back to him*

Scooter: *quietly to himself* Who do I think I am? Who are you? Who are you? *taps his pen against the table before attaching it to his lower lip* I am a walrus...

Floyd: *stares at him, dumbfounded*

Scooter: *laughs nervously and then takes the pen out of his mouth in humiliation*

Miss Piggy: Attention, little people! Your most beloved and adored Regina George has just entered the room! *struts in and flips back her hair before sitting at the table across from Zoot* Vous does know vous's part was originally intended for a girl, right?

Zoot: *nods and then shakes his head before resting it on the table*

Dr. Teeth: Say what?

Scooter: There's no Regina George in The Breakfast Club--that's an entirely different movie!

Miss Piggy: *glares at him*

Scooter: *quickly* Ma'am.

Floyd: *ignores the flashy entrance and turns to Janice* What's your name?

Janice: ...Claire...

Floyd: Kuh-laire?

Janice: Claire...it's a family name.

Floyd: Noooo...it's a fat girl's name. *pauses* Maybe Regina George over there should've gotten the part after all, eh?

Miss Piggy: THAT'S IT! *jumps up from her table and grabs Floyd by the collar*

Sam: Hey, what's going on in there? Little savages...

Miss Piggy: *is dragged off the set by two bodyguards* VOUS WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS, MOI ASSURE VOUS!

Floyd: *once everything becomes silent again* Hey, four eyes? Go close the door.

Scooter: Me?

Floyd: Yes, you. Close the door. *winks at Janice*

Janice: Take a hike, rully.

Floyd: Come on, sweets, you couldn't ignore me if you tried...

Dr. Teeth: Leave her alone, man!

Floyd: Well, hey, Sporto, what'd you to get in here?

Scooter: Uh, excuse me, fellas? I think we should just write our papers...

Dr. Teeth: *ignores Scooter* Look, just because ya live in here doesn't give ya the right to be a pain in the--

Sam: Ahem?

Dr. Teeth: --neck. So, knock it off.

Floyd: It's a free country...

Sam: I daresay it is... *salutes and then goes back to playing with the phone on his desk*

Floyd: *notes the door* Specs, what did I just tell you?

Scooter: Well, the door's supposed to stay open...

Floyd: So what?

Dr. Teeth: So, why don't ya shut up? There's four other people in here, ya know...

Floyd: You can count? Of course, athletes are always smart...

Dr. Teeth: Yer one to talk...

Janice: Rully.

Floyd: So why don't I just run right out and join the wrestling team? Maybe the prep club too! Student council...

Scooter: *softly* I'm in the math club...

Dr. Teeth: *to Floyd* Nah, they wouldn't take ya.

Floyd: I'm hurt.

Scooter: ...I'm in the physics club too.

Floyd: What are you babbling about?

Scooter: Well, what I said was...I'm in the math club, the Latin club and the physics club...physics club.

Floyd: *to Janice* Hey, Blondie? Do you belong to the physics club?

Janice: Like, I'd die--I mean, that's an academic club, fer sure.

Floyd: So?

Janice: So academic clubs aren't the same as other types of clubs...

Floyd: Oh, but to dorks like him--they are. *to Scooter* What do you guys do in your club?

Scooter: In physics, um, we ah, we talk about physics...about properties of physics. It's quite enjoyable, actually.

Zoot: *sighs*

Floyd: So it's sorta social...demented and sad, but social. Right?

Scooter: Yeah, well, I guess...

Floyd: Fascinating... *gets up from the table after seeing Sam leave for a moment and walks over to the door*

Scooter: You know there's not s'posed to be any monkey business!

Floyd: *sternly* Young man...have you finished your paper?

Janice: Like, what are you going to do?

Dr. Teeth: Drop dead, I hope.

The scene switches to Sam getting a drink at a water fountain in the hallway. He stands up and checks the way he looks in a mirror.

Sam: *does a muscular pose and utters some manly gibberish* Cobadonga!
    ElectricMayhem1 likes this.
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Laughs at all the little inserts of Sam during the conversation in the library. *Snickers at Piggy's unceremonious removal. *Wants more posted pleazee!
  12. BeakerSqueedom

Floyd: You keep eating your hand and you're not going to be hungry for lunch.

Zoot: *spits part of his nail at Floyd*

GROSS! xP LOL!
    Oh, god, a girl did this to me a year ago...
    >< THE MEMORIES BURRN!

Scooter: *quietly to himself* Who do I think I am? Who are you? Who are you? *taps his pen against the table before attaching it to his lower lip* I am a walrus...

Floyd: *stares at him, dumbfounded*

Scooter: *laughs nervously and then takes the pen out of his mouth in humiliation*

XP You know, that is exactly how I act when I'm bored?
    HAHAHA! I am a walrus.
    *Puts two pens in her mouth*

Scooter: There's no Regina George in The Breakfast Club--that's an entirely different movie!

Miss Piggy: *glares at him*

Scooter: *quickly*
    Ma'am.

MOMMA! ;_; *Afraid*

Floyd: Noooo...it's a fat girl's name. *pauses* Maybe Regina George over there should've gotten the part after all, eh?

Miss Piggy: THAT'S IT! *jumps up from her table and grabs Floyd by the collar*

Ohhh no, he didn't! o_o
    R.I.P. Floyd. <3

Sam: *does a muscular pose and utters some manly gibberish* Cobadonga!

:confused: Oh, Sam, you animal!
    MMM! LEMME RUFFLE 'EM FEATHERS FOR YEH! ;P
    *Giggle*

Oh, my! XP

MORE! AAAHH! XP LOL!
  13. AnimatedC9000

I agree with the above comment. Please write more! You gotta give us more of the hilarity!

And I find it funny that Zoot's playing the part of a girl. Heheh. And I love how he's clueless when Piggy told him that.

~ AnimatedC (you can call me Ani, AniC or AC for short. Animated works okay, too.)
  14. WhiteRabbit

Thankses, all! =) I'll try to add more soon. (Okies, Ani. ;) )
  15. BeakerSqueedom

16. AnimatedC9000

Keep on writing, spread comedy to the world, and remember: In the unlikely event of a water landing, Piggy can be used as a floatation device.

.... wait, what?

~ AnimatedC
  17. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Wait, I remember that line... What was it from? Welcome to the forum!
    :)

Aylie, this is brilliant! I saw like, the last third of the movie, which made no sense to me at the time, and then later caught the beginning of it. So, although I've never seen the whole thing straight through, I liked what I saw!
    And as for this version, it's great! You've certainly got the dynamic between the characters down!

More please!
  18. AnimatedC9000

Thank you!

The line's from the "Pepe Profiles Present - Kermit: A Frog's Life", the bonus feature on "The Muppet Movie" DVD. It was when they were talking about Kermit & Piggy's relationship.
  19. WhiteRabbit

Thankses, Fraggly! =) *hugs and gives oreos* I remember when I first saw it, it was in the scene when they were dancing around on the bookshelves and stuff. I was confused but at the same time, it caught my attention. XD I can't wait to do that part.

AniC? Let's be best friends. =D LOL
  20. BeakerSqueedom

I thought I was your best friend! XP
    *Runs away in a fit of tears*
    LOL!

Kidding. <3