Doozer stick recipes

Davina

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone has ever tried to make their own doozer sticks...
my husband and I were discussing this last night and are considering trying to make something similar up,, which got me to wondering if anyone else has ever given it a try...
so.. anyone??

or are we just weirder then advertised???

Thanks!

Frogster

Reaction score
Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea, but how would you be able to make Doozer sticks with radishes? Maybe you could take the same idea that is shown in "The Great Radish Famine." I wouldn't have the slightest clue on how you would do that, though. If anyone succeeds at making their own Doozer sticks, let me know if they're any good.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I have always wondered what Doozer Sticks taste like! I have never even thought of a recipe, but if anyone comes up with something delicious, please post the recipe!

That is a really great idea, Davina. :excited:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well an easy one that would get sticky is a light caramel. You melt some sugar in some boiling water and wait until its syrupy. Of course you would have to make some kind of mold of something.

Whatever

Reaction score
Or if you could somehow make sugar crystals, like rock candy, in a stick shape...

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't think they form straight sticks though.

Whatever

Reaction score
That's the problem, but they would be clear colored.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Hot glue gun rods look like Doozer sticks, but you can't eat dat!

--Klonoa

WiGgY

Reaction score
Doozer sticks are clear, glue sticks aren't really clear. And I think Doozer sticks are hexagon shaped.

I think there are flavorings that are colorless, but I don't know if you can get them commercially.

Xerus

Reaction score
I guess turning radishes into Doozer Sticks is like turning potatoes into french fries. It gives a natural vegetable a new shape and a zesty new flavor.