1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Doozer stick recipes

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Davina, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Davina

Davina Member

was wondering if anyone has ever tried to make their own doozer sticks...
    my husband and I were discussing this last night and are considering trying to make something similar up,, which got me to wondering if anyone else has ever given it a try...
    so.. anyone??

or are we just weirder then advertised???

Thanks!

2. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea, but how would you be able to make Doozer sticks with radishes? Maybe you could take the same idea that is shown in "The Great Radish Famine." I wouldn't have the slightest clue on how you would do that, though. If anyone succeeds at making their own Doozer sticks, let me know if they're any good.

3. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I have always wondered what Doozer Sticks taste like! I have never even thought of a recipe, but if anyone comes up with something delicious, please post the recipe!

That is a really great idea, Davina. :excited:

4. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Well an easy one that would get sticky is a light caramel. You melt some sugar in some boiling water and wait until its syrupy. Of course you would have to make some kind of mold of something.

5. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Or if you could somehow make sugar crystals, like rock candy, in a stick shape...

6. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I don't think they form straight sticks though.

7. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

That's the problem, but they would be clear colored.

8. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

Hot glue gun rods look like Doozer sticks, but you can't eat dat!

--Klonoa

9. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Doozer sticks are clear, glue sticks aren't really clear. And I think Doozer sticks are hexagon shaped.

I think there are flavorings that are colorless, but I don't know if you can get them commercially.

10. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

I guess turning radishes into Doozer Sticks is like turning potatoes into french fries. It gives a natural vegetable a new shape and a zesty new flavor.

11. funkydoo

funkydoo New Member

I think what you would have to do is make it how you would make seaside rock and have the radishes mixed with sugar . In theroy there is no reason why it should'nt work . Any confectioner would be able to tell you unfortunatley i do not know any ;)

12. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

if you can make candy you could make a hard candy land when its soft make it into sticks

13. Now I really want to do it! I mean, look at it this way! Who ever made them could send the idea to Henson and maybe they could produce them and put them on store shelvs! Will lots of flavors!
    Ty

14. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

that be a cool idea how about a candy like that that you could build with with candy conectiors so it could really be like doozer sticks build with them then eat them. or be a like a fraggle build with them then break a peice off

15. Shade601

Shade601 New Member

It is possible. Make it like hard candy. I dehydrated radishes for this very reason a long time ago but never put them into the candy. I'm about to try again only without radish dust, maybe just add some kind of clear juice to the boiling sugar. Then you let them form in either a mold or a large cookie sheet and break them into perfect pieces...i am trying to figure out what to use for "glue" because I fully intend to build a tower out of my candy sticks. Right before I eat it.

I have also made candied radishes, and I'm about to attempt peach and garlic pie. :) I have no idea how that will turn out, but I will honestly tell you that candied radishes are surprisingly good.

I'm not sure I'm a good enough cook to pull off a souffle, but artichoke souffle really sounds good, too. Maybe someday I'll risk it.