Doubtful Guest, The Boggart, Monster Blood Tattoo

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Went out to the book store, Ill be reading MBT soon, Ill post a review after...

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
1/4 of the way through MBT, Ive got to say Im very impressed thus far. Think Oliver Twist meets Harry Potter meets Series of Unfortunate Events... should finish up tommorow...

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Re:

1/2 way through, getting strange, its beginning to seperate itself from others in the genre now... beginning to think that it might be more like a Tim Burton type movie than anything else...

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Finished

Finished Monster Blood Tattoo: Foundling ... it was a good read. The story centers around Rossamund, a boy with a girls name whos having a tough time at his orphange (they call orphans "foundlings" in the book, hence the book title). His story leads him on an adventure into a very Henson like world filled with oddities, monsters, colourful characters and villans. I think lots of people here would like this.

Well crafted story, a little bizarre at times, but I can definatly see the company doing a good job of this, its right down their alley. The 2nd book in the trilogy, called "LampLighter", is due out this May...

RealMissPiggy

Reaction score
Ill have to check this out! Thanks sounds very entertaining

muppetmania1980

Reaction score
who is the authoer of the series? i love stuff like that and i would love to read it for my self and then maybe give you my take and views on the story. let me know something soon.....thanx

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Lamplighter: Monster Blood Tattoo, Book 2

Looks like the 2nd installment of the work in progress Monster Blood Tattoo trilogy had gotten fantastic reviews since its recent release, lots of love for the book on Amazon.com.

Ill be picking it up over the next couple weeks and will post a review.

This from Feb 2008 on the authors site:

"And, Master Oddwyn, in actual answer to your question, the Jim Henson Company currently has the option to make MBT into films: 2 movies from the 3 currently planned books - I think they feel there is not enough in Book 1 to warrant one entire film"