Download the Muppets' Oz Teaser Promo

What are your expectations of the new Oz film?

• One of the best Muppet films ever

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Not like the 1980's, but pretty good

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • It will be a disappointment

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • I'm happy with anything Muppet at this point

Votes: 34 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, c'mon you doomsayers! You don't even know anything about it yet--besides, the pattern (I think) will be Muppets as themselves, Muppets performing as other characters (they are performers after all, hello TMS?) Give it a chance.

I think it'll be a good film. Definitely won't be The Muppet Movie, but I still know folks who think Muppet Babies cartoons were the original Muppets, and this will be TONS better than that!

Besides, Jim Henson was a huge fan of the MGM Wizard of Oz movie and books, and this is only fitting that they carry something he loved this far.

I'm for it, and looking forward to it. Bring it on!

christyb

Reaction score
I know. I'm having one of those days you know? So I'm taking it out on the new movie. I'll stop grumbling. I still think Dorothy needs a little more purpose than getting rich and famous. But hey that's what Kermit did huh? :wink:.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't think Kermit in TMM ever really thought of the Rich and Famous thing until that agent who winged-in from Hollywood got lost while fishing and put the rich and famous 'bug' in his ear.

If frogs had ears.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I kinda do like the idea of the Muppets retelling Oz... just not in this fashion... Maybe it will be good for the Muppet performances, as even the worst Muppet project always has the Muppets in top form.

It's just the fact they made it a parody of American Idol that doesn't sit well in my stomach. Plus, this movie has a lot of weight to bare, as it is the first project made under the Disney ownership. It may gague what the other projects will be like...

Beauregard

Reaction score
I voted "I will be dissapointed"

Sorry, but that's what I think.

Anyway, tomorrow I will download the trailer.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok. I've seen the trailer. Brace yourselves for my initial reaction:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

More later...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
It's just the fact they made it a parody of American Idol that doesn't sit well in my stomach. Plus, this movie has a lot of weight to bare, as it is the first project made under the Disney ownership. It may gague what the other projects will be like...
The Muppet Oz film is an idea that began while The Muppets were still under the house of Henson.

I agree on the parody of American Idol. Reality has 10,000 versions of that show already with Last Comic Standing et al.

Then again, The Muppets have ALWAYS been about parody, whether doing commercials and rock songs on Sesame Street or Muppets Go To The Movies.

I hope folks will give it a chance. After all, we'll never know exactly what files and notes Jim Henson had about The Muppets before he died, and who knows: This might all be from plans Jim had for his characters?

After all, they're still finding notes from Walt Disney about his theme parks and movies, constantly upgrading the parks etc. Right?

christyb

Reaction score
True. Since Jim passed away no one will never know what he really had planned for the Muppets. So as of right now I'm happy with anything. And knowing myself like I do I'll probably love the new movie and drive my family to insanity by watching it over and over and over........

BTW. Beau you gotta explain your screaming you've got me wondering!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ok. I've seen the trailer. Brace yourselves for my initial reaction:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I've learned not to judge a film by it's trailer; especially a Disney TV trailer. So many great movies I have avoided due to their trailer making the movie look horrible, only later to regret not seeing it sooner when I actually do see the film - and likewise so many great trailers have had horrible movies. This trailer makes this production look, well, corny and childish. I am not using this trailer to base my opinion of the film (except to say the characters look pretty cool); but the plot, acting, dialog, music, directing, ect. I'll leave that for after I see the whole film in May.

But I try not to judge a book before it hatches, and I don't count my chicken by their cover.

christyb

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
But I try not to judge a book before it hatches, and I don't count my chicken by their cover.
I love that. What a spin on two old sayings.