Download the Muppets' Oz Teaser Promo

What are your expectations of the new Oz film?

• One of the best Muppet films ever

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Not like the 1980's, but pretty good

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • It will be a disappointment

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • I'm happy with anything Muppet at this point

Votes: 34 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Don't be so hard on yourself, you're going through a hard time. Just let me know when you have the internet hooked up at home and I'll re-send the trailer for you.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
Don't be so hard on yourself, you're going through a hard time. Just let me know when you have the internet hooked up at home and I'll re-send the trailer for you.
I saved it in my in box so I should be able to open it once I get the net at home. I can not really afford it, but I am thinking of getting the high speed cable thing.

Also if there are any Guys or Girls out here in the Denver CO area who could use a new friend please let me know. all of the friends I have are through my wife, so I need a few of my own right now. Not to mention a few guys to hang out with and talk shop with would not be bad eather.

scarecrow34@hotmail.com

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Not Great, Not Even Good, But Watchable

Alright, I just saw the thing, yes I'm a bit slow, and while not great, not even good, let's face it, this looks watchable, which is a whole lot better than what I predicted would happen with any future projects when Disney bought the muppets. What I find most aggravating is the total lack of creativity and cleverness that was so apparent in, to put it bluntly, every muppet film produced under JHC. Even IAVMMCM, while garnering the most mixed reviews amongst fans, contained a lot of very clever twists and humor. The trailer for this new film makes me worried. Makes me sad. I am hoping that it isn't that bad; there are some instances which actually look promising. But this'll be nowhere near the creative genius of Jim Henson; nor will it even come within1000 miles of the directorial genius of Brian Henson. All it will be is a boring formulatic un-creative story; all the creative stuff within Disney began a slow death with the passing of Frank Wells, until it surcummed to a painful last breath with the release of the craptacular Pocohontas 2. And ultimately, Oz is a cheap outlet to sell merchandise and probably introduce character meet n greets at DCA.

muppetmaniac

Reaction score
Ok in light of recent posts that are somewhat dissapointing, i would like to say that just because a 60 second trailer for a tv movie looks dissapointing, or even if the movie sucks when you do see it, doesnt mean that Disney can't learn from it. Think about two years ago when EM.TV owned the muppets. ANYTHING is better than that! we didnt see practically any muppets for years. so try to look on the bright side of things. isn't that what kermit would do...

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Alright, deal. Still, I'm suspicious ... trailers for all muppet films under Jim Henson, including the two wuth the Walt Disney Picturs label attached, look awesome; just as great as the film itslf. As the first trailer strictly under Disney, it looks cheap and too formulatic. But, I will give it a shot :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
All I can say is, I cannot think of one movie or special(with the big exception of Muppets@WDW) that I liked where Disney was attached. I liked Muppets Tonight, but MCC and MTI are far from anything I'd wanna watch again.

Guys, you know when youre watcing tv, and you see a Muppet comemrcial or guest spot on a talk or game show, ya get kind of excited? Not one microcosm of my body was excited when I saw that Oz thing, not one cell. It's the first time where I saw something Muppet related on tv and didnt feel any different than if I saw a commercial for the Apprentice or the evening news.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
OMG, you don't like MCC? :eek: The greatest Muppet film ever! Greatest example of the directorial genius that is Brian Henson.

OK ... calming down now :embarrassed:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Muppets

Well gang, nothing excites me any longer.......My wife told me she knew when she married me I was the wrong guy. Injury to insult. I hope this divorce ends soon. I will agree that it is good to see the Muppets doing more in the public eye, however this OZ thing does not excite me at all.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*snore*

*snore*

*wakes up groggily*

Sorry, like, man, did someone say something? Oh, what's that? Muppet Wizard of Oz? Oh. That's exciting, man.

*goes back to sleep*

*snore*

__

Interpited for the red creature who looks slightly wrong in this trailer, but who's boss looks even worse:

*meep*

*meep*

*meeps mee mou mee*

Meepers, mou, meemee? Moh. Mo mell.

*meerp mee meel*

*meep*

christyb

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ok. I've seen the trailer. Brace yourselves for my initial reaction:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

More later...
Yeah, you never did quite explain that! Could you please???